Thread: Ipad vs Samsung apps

Beans

Ipad vs Samsung apps

I was just wondering do these have same apps? I know they don't have 1:1 same things but what about games?

Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Ipad vs Samsung apps

I think most of the more popular games are available cross platform.
    From my experience you will pay less or nothing at all from samsung apps(or android play store).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Except CSR Racing, which does't come to Android yet T-T

Beans

On the gaming front, iOS is still ahead in my opinion, but there are still plenty of great games on Android. I switched from iOS to Android and am not really missing out on anything too important. Also, a lot more of them are free, so that's a plus. If you're looking to buy a new tablet/phone, I would go with Android if I were you.
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

iPad is way ahead when it comes to games. Android has some decent games, but nowhere near the selection, and very few that are optimized for tablets...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I've have had both ipad and galaxy tab. I still have the Galaxy Tab. Games are really good, some for free and some cost a dollar or two. Best of all, I don't have to put up with the manufacturer deciding what I will be able to use on it. Rooting it very easy with Samsung. There is even a project to port Ubuntu to the GT. Just MHO.
    Inspiron N7010 | Intel Core i5 480m | 8GB DDR3 | 750GB Seagate 7200RPM | Intel WiFi 6200 | Intel HD Graphics

...on Lucid 64bit.

Beans

Android is has more quality games available and you're more free to do what you want with your tablet.

There are some apps and games that are unique for Android and some that are unique to Apple, but I've found Android to be the better experience as it's compatible with a better selection of devices.

Beans

I see what do you guys know about zte? my father has one and might sell it to me I just want to know is it good at all.

Edit: The ZTE is ZTE V11
    Last edited by Sarys; September 10th, 2012 at 10:12 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by Sarys View Post
    I see what do you guys know about zte? my father has one and might sell it to me I just want to know is it good at all.

Edit: The ZTE is ZTE V11
    After a Quick Googling my conclusions are:

- The Hardware seems OK to me
    - It comes with Android 3.0 (not the last but good enough).
    - I couldn't find any official upgrade to Android 4
    - Cyanogenmod is not officially supported, some people installed CM9 (based on Android 4.0) and report that it mostly works but the camera doesn't yet.

My feeling is that upgrading your OS will be difficult for now, but there's some hope with Cyanogenmod. (Why Upgrade: Most of the apps will work with Android 3.0 but from time to time you might find an app that doesn't).

If it was my the decision it would depend on the price. I'm sure that your father won't ask you a lot.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tartalo View Post
    After a Quick Googling my conclusions are:

- The Hardware seems OK to me
    - It comes with Android 3.0 (not the last but good enough).
    - I couldn't find any official upgrade to Android 4
    - Cyanogenmod is not officially supported, some people installed CM9 (based on Android 4.0) and report that it mostly works but the camera doesn't yet.

My feeling is that upgrading your OS will be difficult for now, but there's some hope with Cyanogenmod. (Why Upgrade: Most of the apps will work with Android 3.0 but from time to time you might find an app that doesn't).

If it was my the decision it would depend on the price. I'm sure that your father won't ask you a lot.
    Yeah I'm sure he'll give it to me really cheap since he doesn't use it anymore. And I would still be looking for better one with the newest version on the OS.