Thread: Questions on debootstrap from ubuntu

Beans

Questions on debootstrap from ubuntu

What I have been attempting (in vain so far) to do is use debootstrap to slap Debian Sarge (31r2a) on a spare partition
    (60GB) on my current machine, which is running Kubuntu Dapper
    w/ damnsmalllinux on another (350Mb) partition. However,all goes
    well until I get to installing the kernel, then it just dumps me into a vicious cycle of dependencies (asking me for a previous kernel image and then yet another after another) and refuses to move forward. I have been using the installation instructions from the Debian site for i386, to the letter. Double checked, re-ran all of the steps on a fresh install, but no dice. Is anyone aware of a more recent installation manual (and a more useful one) than what is available?
    Here is what I have been using:
    http://www.debian.org/releases/stabl...apcs04.html.en

as a manual. It seems pretty straight-forward, and I don't believe disk space is an issue, as I have plenty of that. Also, The reason I am installing using this method is my cd-burner died. No USB drive (kid smashed it ) . Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Sorry bout the long post.

Beans

Re: Questions on debootstrap from ubuntu

Nevermind... I ended up sending across my home network to another machine (an iso image I had on hard drive i mean) and pointed debootstrap at it. All is well now.