Thread: Problem booting

Beans

Problem booting

Hi I am trying to boot Ubuntu from a flash drive and got it to work on a different computer. It says
    [ 4.170204] [drm] nouveau 000:2:00.0: Parsing VBIOS init table 0 at offset 0x69B5

I have no clue what this means but it won't go past this.

Beans

Re: Problem booting

Hello! Okay, I don't yet know enough to know what that error means, but I do know that generally (unless you have a really screwy computer) any bootable drive that you create should work on other computers. First off, what operating system are you using to create the bootable drive, and secondly, what operating system are you trying to boot Ubuntu on? Also, what types of computers are these? [Desktop/laptop with cd drive/netbook (laptop without cd drive)]

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pyro.xyz View Post
    Hello! Okay, I don't yet know enough to know what that error means, but I do know that generally (unless you have a really screwy computer) any bootable drive that you create should work on other computers. First off, what operating system are you using to create the bootable drive, and secondly, what operating system are you trying to boot Ubuntu on? Also, what types of computers are these? [Desktop/laptop with cd drive/netbook (laptop without cd drive)]
    I'm using Windows 7 to create the bootable flash drive Trying to boot on Windows 7 but have only gotten it to work on a XP machine. I have yet to try it on another computer running Windows 7. I'm thinking that it should work on both, right? These are all Desktops by the way.

Beans

I miss posted. This is Ubuntu not Lubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Y u no boot View Post
    I miss posted. This is Ubuntu not Lubuntu.
    fixed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Nouveau is the open-source nvidia driver. It sounds like you did a persistent install on the USB and then installed the graphics drivers for one machine, which aren't working for your other machine.
    Which of your machines have an Nvidia graphics card?
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!