Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: REPLY HERE if you successfully Upgraded to 12.04 through update manager only..

Beans

Re: REPLY HERE if you successfully Upgraded to 12.04 through update manager only..

Just upgraded today from 11.10 using the upgrade manager.
    No bugs so far.

Beans

Re: REPLY HERE if you successfully Upgraded to 12.04 through update manager only..

I successfully did these upgrades:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2001383
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1993848

I have not done upgrades 10.04==>12.04 yet but plan to give them a try in the near future.

Earl

Beans

I upgraded a laptop from 10.04 to 12.04.1 with no problems, my desktop was also upgraded the same way and it had the fgfs [flightgear] bug, but the system seems stable so far.

I would regard both these upgrades as successful.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I upgraded, more or less, one month ago from 10.04 to 12.04 my hpcompaq 6720s laptop.

The upgrading was a success and took about one hour.

The only issue was, I had installed wicd in my laptop as net manager since network-manager was unusable in 10.04 (connects and disconnects wifi all the time). In the upgrading, network-manager was installed and started. The two network managers cannot work in the system at the same time, so I had to uninstall network manager.

After trying unity and gnome shell desktops, I finally selected gnome fallbak DE wich fullfils my expectations and is light in my laptop.

The only drawback in my system since upgrading is the long time to boot (in 10.04 was abot 40 seconds). I explain, since I select in grub the kernel till the page to select DE and log in apppears is about 45 seconds, then once selected gnome fallback desktop till the computer is usable, it takes about 35 seconds more. I have asked for help in this forum but I haven't got any usefull advice or tip in order to reduce it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12