Thread: Network Manager Requests Password

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Network Manager Requests Password

This is a minor issue, but in Lubuntu 12.04 whenever I need to connect to a WiFi hotspot, Network Manager (I assume) asks for my password before it will connect. Then everything is fine.

The other *buntu variants I've tried don't do this; is this a choice the Lubuntu team has made? If I want to eliminate the need for a password to connect to WiFi (like other *buntus) what do I need to do?

TIA
    Reminder: If you start a thread asking for help with a problem, please remember to use the Thread Tools to mark the issue as "SOLVED" once you have a solution. This will help other people with the same problem when they search for answers.

Beans

Re: Network Manager Requests Password

I've had that problem too with Lubuntu. For me, I did the following and it solved it:

Go to edit connections (right click on signal strength bars), select your wireless connection, edit, and check the box at the bottom which says something like "make available to all users".

After closing the window, you may need to log out and back in, or it may simply reconnect (don't recall which). After that the problem did not recur.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Network Manager Requests Password

That did it; thank you!
    Reminder: If you start a thread asking for help with a problem, please remember to use the Thread Tools to mark the issue as "SOLVED" once you have a solution. This will help other people with the same problem when they search for answers.