Thread: MS-Outlook Initial Setup failure - "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unav..."

Beans

MS-Outlook Initial Setup failure - "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unav..."

I am using Ubuntu 12.04, PlayOnLinux 4.1.7 and POL automatically downloaded and used Wine 1.5.3.

MS Office 2010, properly got installed and runs.

But I am trying to configure Outlook to connect to enterprise Microsoft Exchange but I get the following error "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."

Seeing various forums I have even added updated ntlm authentication configuration in smb.conf. But still no change.

I badly require to fix this.

Somebody please help.

-malshant

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: MS-Outlook Initial Setup failure - "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unav.

You are connected to the domain in which the Exchange server resides?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: MS-Outlook Initial Setup failure - "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unav.

Quote Originally Posted by malshant View Post
    I am using Ubuntu 12.04, PlayOnLinux 4.1.7 and POL automatically downloaded and used Wine 1.5.3.

MS Office 2010, properly got installed and runs.

But I am trying to configure Outlook to connect to enterprise Microsoft Exchange but I get the following error "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."

Seeing various forums I have even added updated ntlm authentication configuration in smb.conf. But still no change.
    SMB has absolutely nothing to do with Exchange, that is File Sharing on *your* machine.

Exchange requires a clear network connection with no firewalls interfering, if you cannot ping the Exchange server then Outlook will not work.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Moving to the Wine subforum.

Beans

Yes. I am able to ping to the domain server. Infact Evolution works.

Beans

- You are connected to the domain in which the Exchange server resides?

Do you main the Windows domain? If unix domain, then yes I am in the same domain and I am able to ping the exchange server.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by toz View Post
    moving to the wine subforum.
    ok
    Last edited by malshant; August 30th, 2012 at 12:22 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

The link below is to a page oin the WineHQ site dealing with Outlook -- perhaps it can help:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...estingId=71137
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    The link below is to a page oin the WineHQ site dealing with Outlook -- perhaps it can help:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...estingId=71137
    Thank you for the link. Let me try that.