Thread: Software to make slideshows,

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Software to make slideshows,

I need to make a photo slideshow for my brothers wedding, I have absolutley zero experience in making videos or slideshows but I got tasked with this because I'm the only one who seems to even know how to use a computer

Would someone like to offer suggestions which software would be best for this, it doesn't have to be mega fancy but I would like something that wont take me forever to learn to use first, preferably something very beginner friendly as I have two weeks do get it finished in my spare time. Also I need to be able to add music to the finished project so if this can be done with a single tool that would be great!

Thanks for any suggestions

Regards
    Mark
    Last edited by CaptainMark; August 26th, 2012 at 12:31 PM.
    Catch me on Freenode - imark

Beans

Re: Software to make slideshows,

If you can't find anything better, you could use open office's "impress". It's very much like M$'s powerpoint, so you'd have use a music player along side it, but it would work in a pinch.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

two that I particularly like and use are Imagination and Photofilmstrip but there are others to choose from, on the ubuntu software center type in search box slideshow, hope you will find one to your liking.

Beans
    Hidden!

open your software center and type slide in the search box . it will list you many software and the reviews will gives the best one for you.
    Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Thanks guys I went for Imagination
    Catch me on Freenode - imark