Thread: Converting epub to pdf while keeping the original book's format?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Converting epub to pdf while keeping the original book's format?

Hello,

there are several posts on this forum on how to convert epub files to pdf ones. Most of them point to using Calibre, which I tried.

However, I have not found out how to create a PDF that would have the format and appearance of the hard copy.

It's rather important with citations, since I am using readers with annotations and citations that will refer to exact pages. If the PDF paging does not match that of the hard-copy, then my entire citation referencing will be useless.

Also the rendering is very ugly, everything is aligned to the left, fonts do not match, etc. I don't really understand why it looks so bad.

Thanks for helping out.

Beans

Re: Converting epub to pdf while keeping the original book's format?

Quote Originally Posted by jesuisbenjamin View Post
    Hello,

there are several posts on this forum on how to convert epub files to pdf ones. Most of them point to using Calibre, which I tried.

However, I have not found out how to create a PDF that would have the format and appearance of the hard copy.

It's rather important with citations, since I am using readers with annotations and citations that will refer to exact pages. If the PDF paging does not match that of the hard-copy, then my entire citation referencing will be useless.

Also the rendering is very ugly, everything is aligned to the left, fonts do not match, etc. I don't really understand why it looks so bad.

Thanks for helping out.
    Hi,

Actually it is quite tough to convert epub format file to pdf and there are no online software available as such to perfectly convert the epub file to pdf as per your expectations. If you are seriously looking to convert epub to pdf, you will need to take help of ebook conversion service provider like of ebookconversion.com. I think they will help you out.