Thread: Custom keymap?

Beans

Smile Custom keymap?

I've installed an arm port of debian on a wm8505 smartbook (the ones that usually come with windows CE). I've managed to get everything working, save for one thing: the ctrl key (there's only one, on the left side) doesn't work.

I'm not sure whether my keyboard is defective, or debian just doesn't like it. I never had to use the ctrl key while it had windows ce. Not having a ctrl key on linux, however, can be quite a problem.

Once I startx, there's no way to go back to tty, unless I log out. There's no way to stop a running process but to open another terminal, look for the PID and kill it specifically. I had to learn vi because nano without ctrl is useless. And so on.

So, I need to know if there's any configuration file I can edit to assign ctrl to another key. There's a windows key I've never used, for example. I wonder if it's possible to map ctrl to the windows/super key and vice versa.

I'm running Debian, Fluxbox, and no display manager.

Thanks in advance for any help. I know this is not a Ubuntu-related question, but I'm posting here because it's one of the most active linux communities out there.
    Don't eff with The Cult...

Beans

Red face Re: Custom keymap?

I was reading the manpage for xmodmap and thought I was on to something, but all of a sudden ctrl is working, so I won't mingle with it. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Maybe an update fixed it, or maybe I'm just lucky. I guess it doesn't matter now. Thanks, anyway.
    Don't eff with The Cult...