Thread: PDF Question

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

PDF Question

Hi,

I have a 66 page PDF on my computer at work (windows machine), which I need to email each individual page to different people.

Is it possible to 'split' the 66 page PDF into individual PDFs/pages, so I'd end up with 66 different PDF/files?

Note, I can only do this with my windows work machine, which has latest MS Office and Adobe Reader.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Powered by a Samsung NC10 with 2Gb RAM, running Lucid 10.04

Beans

Re: PDF Question

http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...-pdf-tools.htm

I'm pretty sure you will find something there that will do the job. It's all freeware as well.

Beans
    Hidden!

Or simply open the PDF, go to File -print it but choose only the page you want, not the whole document, and then "Print to file -PDF" instead of your usual printer.

A bit cluncky perhaps, but everything you need is already on your Ubuntu machine.

WHOOPS! I just noticed you need to do this on a Windows machine. Does Windows have a similar print to PDF option as Ubuntu? If so, you may be able to do the same thing as I suggest above.
    Last edited by ajgreeny; August 25th, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 16.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    WHOOPS! I just noticed you need to do this on a Windows machine. Does Windows have a similar print to PDF option as Ubuntu? If so, you may be able to do the same thing as I suggest above.
    You usually have to install a PDF Print Driver to do that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks peeps,

unfortunately I could do it easier on my Ubuntu machine, but I have to do it on my work machine which is windows based, and also locked down, so I can't install any tools

I did read somewhere that there is an extract page option somewhere in Adobe PDF Reader, will investigate.....