I'm not uncomfortable with using the command line. I don't know much, but I've been reading LINUX: Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition (it's free and on that website, for anyone that's interested). Now I know some basic commands such as those used to manipulate files and directories.

Anyway, problem fixed. I took the easy way out and simply reinstalled the OS. For some strange reason, the live USB worked (even stranger, is that this keeps happening with Ubuntu and me, i.e., problems getting fixed on their own). While installing, I remembered what I did wrong.

The first time I installed it, when I came to the step that dealt with partitions, I chose the "something else" option. That is where I sized the logical partitions in a pretty inconvenient way. So this time, I simply chose the option that let me install Ubuntu next to Windows. This was also my easiest choice (though I don't know if it was the fastest) since I had just installed Ubuntu the previous week, hence, I had no important files (except for some important forms that I later realized I had in that partition ).

Thank you all for the responses; I really appreciate it