Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: unable to remove old kernels

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: unable to remove old kernels

Quote Originally Posted by hank22077 View Post
    pierreu1: Sorry, again, I couldn't help you. I'm just responding to give you a little 'bump' to keep this up top where maybe a more experienced person can see it and help you out.

I was told that if you post updates it's not actually 'bumping' your thread; and it gives a more recent spot in the forum, so hopefully you get the advise you need.
    Posting updates is encouraged and necessary to keep helpers up to date; the fact that it bumps the thread to the top of the list should be seen as an added benefit. Posting for the sake of bumping a thread whilst adding no new information is not encouraged.

To make it clear; the original OP bumping every five minutes is definitely NOT encouraged, but a bump once every twenty four hours or more is fine and acceptable.

In other words, the original poster is quite free to bump this whenever they want to get things going again at this point, if they so choose. Often a thread dwindles for the simple reason that no-one has any new information, breakthroughs, solutions, or ideas to add. That looks to be the case here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: unable to remove old kernels

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post
    Posting updates is encouraged and necessary to keep helpers up to date; the fact that it bumps the thread to the top of the list should be seen as an added benefit. Posting for the sake of bumping a thread whilst adding no new information is not encouraged.

To make it clear; the original OP bumping every five minutes is definitely NOT encouraged, but a bump once every twenty four hours or more is fine and acceptable.

In other words, the original poster is quite free to bump this whenever they want to get things going again at this point, if they so choose. Often a thread dwindles for the simple reason that no-one has any new information, breakthroughs, solutions, or ideas to add. That looks to be the case here.
    Understood,

wasn't tryin to cause trouble; just was notified scruffyeagle had thanked me, and was tryin to explain your point to pierreu1, to the best of my ability.

Apologies.

Btw, does my second post, seem in anyway informative?; cuz although I haven't had as much trouble as pierreu1, the issue in my post has left me perplexed a time or two.

Again, apologies, if my 'bump' was inappropriate; just wanted to respond to scruffyeagle, and encourage pierreu1. I've learned that ofttimes folks don't close, or 'solve' thier threads, or let those of us tryin to give advice know if or what they did to get a fix.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123