Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VBA Emulator plays at super high speeds

Beans

Re: VBA Emulator plays at super high speeds

I noticed that VBA would make my temps go up rather high as well and I'm going off the assumption that power lost to heat is directly proportional to CPU frequency.

I think that's just the way the emulator works. So many threads and so little time.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by HoCo xXSamXx View Post
    Yupp, I use VBA on ubuntu and the sound is awful. I mute it. No idea why it does this.
    That doesn't really explain why all the other emulators AND Ren'Py are screwing up too, though.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Uikri View Post
    That doesn't really explain why all the other emulators AND Ren'Py are screwing up too, though.
    It might be Ubuntu's ability to read the certain audio codecs that emulators use? Just a guess.

Beans

Screw This

You know what, I guess **** it. I guess I'm just going to have to reinstall again. This is BS. Ubuntu installed fine the first time, but the first time I reinstalled, the computer wouldn't even boot up past the black screen with the blinking "_" in the top left. So I removed my second HDD and tried again. Now, it's giving me this ****. You know Ubuntu, I liked you a lot better when you didn't screw up on me for no damn reason. Appreciate all the help guys, but it didn't really get me anywhere.

/thread

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by HoCo xXSamXx View Post
    It might be Ubuntu's ability to read the certain audio codecs that emulators use? Just a guess.
    Tgis is a possibility and while it is a minor annoyance it doesnt effect the overall running. however my problem is that until today mine was running at normal speeds (80-105%) but today i get on and its running WAAAY to fast (as high as 200-365%) with irregular drops to as low as 50%. ive had the emulator for around a week or two and never needed to set the throttle before. infact it was always on no throttle and ran just fine but now its giving me this issue all day and it is driving me crazy(er). can someone help me out? well with the emulator issues atleast. anything else i may be beyond help. Thank you. oh and hi Im new.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12