Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VBA Emulator plays at super high speeds

Beans

All games play at super high speeds, and have horrible sound issues.

So, I've never been able to get the VBA emulator to run properly. It always runs way to fast (~200%+). The problem persists even when I run the windows version of VBA on WINE, so I know it has to be something with Ubuntu itself causing the problem. I was wondering how I could fix this. I'm on 12.04. EDIT: Is this because I installed WINE? Has WINE been know to screw around with native Ubuntu programs like this?
    Last edited by Uikri; August 24th, 2012 at 05:00 AM.

Beans

Re: VBA Emulator plays at super high speeds

Has nobody else had this problem?

Beans

Exclamation Re: VBA Emulator plays at super high speeds

Okay, an update. It turns out it's not just emulators that do this. It's any kind of game.Do I need to reinstall my OS again?! Attached is a picture of what Ren'Py looks like when I open it. I know there's definitely something wrong. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to launch Ren'Py in terminal, so I can't give you guys any log of that. I also can't figure out how or if I can run WINE from terminal, or I could let you know what the problem is with the emulator and game on there as well. EDIT: After restarting, I was able to get Katawa Shoujo to launch. However, it (and I'm assuming all Ren'Py games) crashes shortly after launching.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Uikri; August 24th, 2012 at 06:14 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

are you using, from the software centre"VisualBoy Advance" or "VBA Express"?

Beans

Question Re: VBA Emulator plays at super high speeds

Quote Originally Posted by Jagoly View Post
    are you using, from the software centre"VisualBoy Advance" or "VBA Express"?
    "Visual Boy Advance" is the one that goes super-speed, "VBA Express" simply refuses to launch games, "bsnes" runs horribly slow and the sound is all messed up, and ZSNES actually runs fine except the sound is awful. All were obtained from the software center. I don't dare try a Nintendo64 emulator. *cringe* EDIT: ZSNES somehow runs fine now. Only having sound trouble when I highlight something in my internet browser, which I normally won't even have up while playing games. The other programs are still messing up though.
    Last edited by Uikri; August 24th, 2012 at 06:34 AM.

Beans
    Distro

How familiar are you with VBA?
    Have you made sure that under options>frameskip>throttle, 100% is selected?

Beans

How familiar are you with VBA?
    Have you made sure that under options>frameskip>throttle, 100% is selected?
    Okay so, I enabled that, and it ran slower (possibly a bit too slow) but the sound was still a horrible, garbled mess. Any suggestions?

Beans
    Distro

Hmm...
    I've never really had any problems with sound on vba. It is actually a really good emulator if you set it up right. Try setting frameskip to 9 (it will look mega jerky) and see if the sound is still bad.

Beans

Hmm...
    I've never really had any problems with sound on vba. It is actually a really good emulator if you set it up right. Try setting frameskip to 9 (it will look mega jerky) and see if the sound is still bad.
    Nope, sound still sucks. This never happened on windows. Why Ubuntu? Why do you have to be so awesome yet not let my emulators work? TT^TT

Beans

Yupp, I use VBA on ubuntu and the sound is awful. I mute it. No idea why it does this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast