Thread: Printing on a Win XP shared P lasrjet 5 fom Kubuntu 12.04

Beans

Printing on a Win XP shared P lasrjet 5 fom Kubuntu 12.04

Hello

I have an old PC running Kubuntu 12.04 LTS and also a Windows-XP computer that shares an HP Laserjet 5 printer. I’d like to be able to print from Kubuntu.
    I’ve followed tutorials and tips trying to use this shared printer from Ku. But I am unable to print .
    I am administrator of both computers, both accounts have the same name and password. The Ku. computer sees folders and files shared by windows on the network but however I cannot open them, neither it sees shared resources like this printer. If I type printer server’s IP address, it asks me for a login /password that I know but it doesn’t accept.

This printer has drivers, I visited linuxprinting.org, also CUPs and I also tried www.localhost:131/printers. Nothing seems to work

¿Can anyone help me to configure the Kubuntu for this windows shared printer, please?

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Printing on a Win XP shared P lasrjet 5 fom Kubuntu 12.04

Please do not start multiple threads for the same question, it dilutes the community's ability to help.

Thread closed, duplicate of http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2044726
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.
    Please use CODE tags.
    A low-volume blog