Thread: Update Manager Not Working

Beans

Update Manager Not Working

An unusual situation has happened to my computer. There seems to be a bug with the "update-manger" package. When I click on the "Software Up to Date" botton, I get the following error message:

<<Could not initialize the package information
    An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package information.
    Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and include the following error message:
    'E:Encountered a section with no Package: header, Eroblem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_precise_multive rse_binary-amd64_Packages, E:The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.'>>

[see also the attached photo]

Here's also an additional problem:

When I turn on my computer, I have an error sign on my upper screen desktop toolbar (see the second attached photo). When I click on the red error sign, I get the following error message:

<<An error occurred. Please run Package Manger from the right click menu or apt-get in a terminal to see what is wrong.>>

I think these two problems are indeed one. If someone can help me with it, I would greatly appreciate that.

R
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Update Manager Not Working

try

Code:
    sudo apt-get clean all
    sudo apt-get update
    then try to open package manager again

Beans