Thread: Default file manager (PCManFM) cannot open .tex files with Texmaker

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Default file manager (PCManFM) cannot open .tex files with Texmaker

I am unable to get Texmaker to open .tex files from the file manager. Texmaker is set as the default application to open .tex files in
    ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list. However, double-clicking a .tex file does open Texmaker, but not the file itself. The same goes for right-clicking and using a custom command line.

All texmaker commands do work when issued from the command line, so it seems to be a file manager issue. Opening files from withing Texmaker works fine as well. My problem seems to be the same as the one posted here, but that thread is unresolved so any help would be appreciated.

I am using Lubuntu 12.04 with the texmaker package from the official repositories.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Default file manager (PCManFM) cannot open .tex files with Texmaker

I was able to replicate the behavior. The problem lies with the %U found in /usr/share/applications/texmaker.desktop
    Code:
    Exec=texmaker %U
    Texmaker doesn't seem to understand the URL passed by PCManFM - a file:/// formatted location. Changing it to %f (standard filename) fixed the problem for me.

So why does it work with Nautilus and Thunar? That's even more interesting. I ran some tests and found that both file managers ignore the %U and pass a standard filename. A bug or a feature? You call.

Cheers!
    husband@wife$ make sandwich
    Permission denied
    husband@wife$ sudo make sandwich

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Default file manager (PCManFM) cannot open .tex files with Texmaker

Well, I don't know...

Anyway, thanks for your help. I was out of town last week so I was unable to try your suggestion before, but it did the trick for me. Thanks!