Thread: compiz crash => have to cut current of computer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

compiz crash => have to cut current of computer

My ubuntu 10 crashes frequently (every 2 hours) and I have to cut the current to solve it. Nothing works during system crash. Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Ctrl shift escape, kill process, force quit, nothing works only cutting current of the system by long pressing on/off key.

It happens during the switching of windows with compiz window ring switcher, and during rotating of desktops with compiz rotate cube. All animations +extra animations for opening and closing windows were on. Even without this it happened. Especially rotating cube is the bottleneck. I set off ring switcher and animations, it still happens with only rotating cube. I disabled all options of compiz a few months ago to speed up my computer (dual core 1.7 & 2gb ram) and reenabled some features like ring switcher, rotate cube, negative screen, snap windows. I uninstalled compiz now, I hope my computer will be alive next time it starts up again. Because compiz really makes big changes. maybe virus because of ppa 's (automatic updates). I copy the terminal commands that I found on internet to my terminal and I run it. maybe because of that.

solution without upgrading to ubuntu 12?
    Last edited by harun3d; August 16th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: compiz crash => have to cut current of computer

I had to upgrade to ubuntu 12 now because of compiz crash.