Thread: No fullscreen in skyrim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

No fullscreen in skyrim

I have skyrim installed via play on linux. Everything seems to be working fine other than I cannot seem to get skyrim to play in fullscreen mode. I have edited the following entries in skyrimprefs.ini:
    Code:
    bFull Screen=1
    iSize H=1080
    iSize W=1920
    I also changed some settings in wine configuration. I have wine emulating a virtual desktop size of 1920x1080, the resolution of my screen. Still no luck.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Beans

Re: No fullscreen in skyrim

run the game from the launcher hit options and make sure it is also set to full screen there.

disable the virtual desktop I think it makes things go run in a window (but don't quote me on that)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I get an error when I start the game from the launcher. I have to go to the game directory and start the game from the "*.exe". the strange thing is that box is never displayed. It goes right to the game...
    ------------------------------------------------------

Beans

I also had the error from the launcher when trying to run it directly what I had todo was run the launcher from its installed directory.

something like

cd ~/.wine/drive_c/skyrim/

then

wine skyrimlauncher.exe

or just make a shortcut on your desktop to wine/launcher and specify the starting directory as the location where you installed skyrim (full linux path) the run command you want it to use will be something like wine "c:\skyrim\skyrimlauncher.exe"

bit complicated but it worked for me also I think you have to go through the launcher to make the game detect mods

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hate to perform thread necromancy but I am also having this same problem. Game runs like a top in windowed mode but will not even start fullscreen even with the settings changed in SkyrimPrefs.ini

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I think I may have found something. I checked out the backup I had of my windows install of Skyrim before I slapped Ubuntu back on and there was a file in the same folder as the SkyrimPrefs.ini named "rendererinfo.txt"

It is blank in my ubuntu install but in my windows install it said this:

Code:
    Renderer Device Information:
    	NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450   
    	nvd3dum.dll
    	RenderPath         		: BSSM_SV_3_0
    	PSversion          		: 300
    	VSversion          		: 300
    	VStarget           		: vs_3_0
    	PStarget           		: ps_3_0
    	PS2xtarget         		: ps_3_0
    	maxPS20inst        		: 512
    	3.0 Support        		: yes
    	3.0 Lighting       		: yes
    	Nonpowerof2textures		: yes
    	FP16ARGB blending  		: yes
    	FP16ARGB filtering 		: no
    	Bloom lighting     		: no
    	Refraction         		: yes
    	2.0 hairw           		: yes
    	SLI mode           		: no
    	NVapi enabled      		: yes
    	Multisample Type   		: 4
    	Transparency MS    		: no
    	HW Thread Count    		: 4
    If i try to copy the contents over it just gets re written as blank when I try to launch Skyrim in windowed or fullscreen modes. I tried setting the file as read only and it just farted around and gave me the same crash.

No more ideas here.

EDIT:

Code:
    err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering is disabled, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly (using GL renderer "GeForce GTS 450/PCIe/SSE2", version "2.1.2 NVIDIA 295.40").
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f7bc,0x00000000), stub!
    scott@Scott-Desktop:~$ p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    fixme:process:GetLogicalProcessorInformation ((nil),0x33ed88): stub
    fixme:process:GetLogicalProcessorInformation (0x33edb0,0x33ed88): stub
    fixme:process:GetLogicalProcessorInformation ((nil),0x33ed90): stub
    fixme:process:GetLogicalProcessorInformation (0x33edb8,0x33ed90): stub
    err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
    err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
    err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering is disabled, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly (using GL renderer "GeForce GTS 450/PCIe/SSE2", version "2.1.2 NVIDIA 295.40").
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f190,0x00000000), stub!
    err:mmtime:TIME_MMTimeStop Timer still active?!
    I think that that bolded part might be something.
    Last edited by evil_urna; August 14th, 2012 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Added stuff