Thread: MBP 5,1 Video issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

MBP 5,1 Video issues

Anyone managed to get video to work properly on MBP 5,1? I tried both 32 and 64 bits 12.04 under both grub-pc and grub-efi, all combinations render artifacts and some flickering, in particular when dragging windows between work-spaces. Sometimes the lower 40 pixels or so are distorted, which looks like video memory corruption(?).

I tried all NVidia drivers i can think of; current, x-swat and the 304.32 beta from NVidia, all render artifacts.

I have the same problems with both 9600M and 9400M, though it seem slightly better on 9600. It makes no difference if i disable either in grub with outb xx commands.

I should mention that the stock NVidia drivers under 11.10 works perfect as does OS X, so it's likely not hardware issues.

Any help here would be appreciated!

Regards,
    Mike

UPDATE: I found a partial solution, please check this thread if you have similar problems.
    Last edited by SwedishWings; August 15th, 2012 at 05:46 PM.
    Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
    -- Frank Zappa