Thread: Current support for Logitech Wave/K350 keyboard

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Current support for Logitech Wave/K350 keyboard

Hi, I am currently looking for an new keyboard and have had my eye set on the Logitech wave keyboard, however I know that there have been some problems with this keyboard and Linux. I would really appreciate it if anyone who one a wave keyboard would tell me what works and what doesn't work (if anything). Thank you and sorry for my English.

Beans

Re: Current support for Logitech Wave/K350 keyboard

Maybe it's not helpful for you anymore, but for others, like me, who want to get this keyboard: I bought the Logitech K350 today and most functions work out of the box. Just inserting the unifying adapter und the keyboard will work; using ubuntu 11.04 with unity:
    what IS WORKING:
    +all functions that are also on a normal keyboard + numpad
    +some special features like calculator, hibernating, web browser, mail client, media keys (including launching banshee, volume up/down/mute, next/previous song/stop, play/pause)

what IS NOT WORKING out of the box:
    -camera button
    -the three window switching buttons on the left side
    -the fn+f-key combinations(word, excel,calendar,programmable keys)
    the keys described as do not work, cannot be displayed using xev, so they will probably not work.

Beans

Hi there

I found out this searching for the same topic... it helps a lot to me....

http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~klad...id=logitechkbd

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I need zoom button to work ?

I have 10.10 will zoom work by default on 11.04 etc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I also have teh MK550, which is a combination of the Logitech K350 keyboard and M510 mouse. Things work pretty well out of the box.

1. I booted up in Windows first, and installed the software ont he CD. Apparently there is some other sofftware to download but I didn't bother.

2. Booted into Ubuntu 12.04. Basic keyboard functions work, along with some others: volume control, play, stop, and next/prev song works in Banshee and Quod Libet. special :search www" key brings up a "search file" dialog, not the internet. Email key brings up thunderburd. all the other special blue keys don't do anything I can tell.

Special zoom key on the left doesn't work, nor did it work in Windows. This might require the software DL, don't care anyway. Paginate key doesn't work. Camera isn't installed on my computer so I don't know if that key works or not. Media Center and other special key on the top left (shows a "gear") don't do anything in linux or windows.

Calculator key works! Haven't tried the power \button yet.

I boughht the keyboard for being wireless, and for the shape, not the special bells and whistles. Worked out of the box in Ubuntu 12.04. Nice! Mouse also has no issues.
    Thanks for your help.
    PS. As a matter of fact, I did RTFM. However, I didn't Grok TFM, which is why I am asking this dumb question.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

This post discusses how to use the rest of the non-functioning keys on the keyboard, but it is over my head so I won't try it.
    Thanks for your help.
    PS. As a matter of fact, I did RTFM. However, I didn't Grok TFM, which is why I am asking this dumb question.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.
    Last edited by overdrank; March 4th, 2013 at 12:03 PM.