Thread: Cannot find arm-linux-gcc

Beans

Cannot find arm-linux-gcc

I am trying to cross-build uClinux for ARM on Ubuntu 10.04 and I have a number of packages installed (see below) but none of them seem to install arm-linux-gcc (which is what the uClinux uses). What am I missing? (BTW, I am a newbie) Thank you

gcc-4.4-arm-linux-gnueabi
    gcc-4.5-arm-linux-gnueabi
    gcc-4.6-arm-linux-gnueabi
    gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi

Also, gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabi will not install because:
    " Depends: libc6 (>=2.13) but 2.11.1-0ubuntu7.10 is to be installed"

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Cannot find arm-linux-gcc

The command arm-linux-gcc does not exist in any official Ubuntu package. In particular, the package gcc-4.6-arm-linux-gnueabi installs the command arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc-4.6. I suppose you must have a symlink arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc.
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Beans

Bachstelze,

See you again, and thanks for your help several days ago.

ilnadi,

Maybe I can help you and give you some suggestion. gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi package is not supported until Ubuntu 10.10. See here. Special thanks to spjackson for providing me with this link.
    Last edited by pellyhawk; August 10th, 2012 at 06:05 PM.

Beans

I had already found the link you provided and installed the linero toolchain. The issue seems to be that the makefile is looking for arm-linux-gcc and nothing with that name is installed (that I can see). Did you end up changing the makefile to the proper gcc toolchain?

Quote Originally Posted by pellyhawk View Post
    ilnadi,

Maybe I can help you and give you some suggestion. gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi package is not supported until Ubuntu 10.10. See here. Special thanks to spjackson for providing me with this link.

Beans

ok, so I upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04 AND installed Mentor Codesourcery for ARM uClinux. Still there is no arm-linux-gcc. There are a number of arm-...-gcc available but I cannot see how to force the makefile to use the other command (e.g. "arm-uclinuxeabi-gcc" from codesourcery)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ilnadi View Post
    ok, so I upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04 AND installed Mentor Codesourcery for ARM uClinux. Still there is no arm-linux-gcc. There are a number of arm-...-gcc available but I cannot see how to force the makefile to use the other command (e.g. "arm-uclinuxeabi-gcc" from codesourcery)
    You could simply try
    Code:
    CC=arm-uclinuxeabi-gcc make
    The Unforgiven