My hard drive ran out of space today, and when I looked into the problem (no reason why it should have), I found that my /var/log/kernel.log and /var/log/syslog files where huge. "syslog" was around 8GB and "kernel.log" was like 18GB.

I thought that this was very weird, and used "tail" to look at the last 2000+ lines of the file. There were numerous, repeated entries for some kind of error with "xhci_hcd ERROR no room on ep ring". This was being throws tens of times, if not in the hundreds of times each second.

Looking on the net, I think this is tied to some sort of USB 3.0 driver/module, which makes sense. I had a USB 2.0 WiFi dongle plugged into a USB 3.0 port on my computer.

So, I have removed the USB 2.0 device from the USB 3.0 port and put it onto a USB 2.0 one, and the errors appear to no longer come up.

However, I was wondering if there is a fix for this, and really just also wanted to bring it up as I think this is a serious bug or issue. When my HDD was full, I moved 10GB or more of data onto my external drive, and in a matter of minutes, this free space was then consumed by this error logging. I'm on an 8-core processor and using an SSD, so I guess I get really good data transfer rates

I can provide more details if needed.