Thread: Can't access old partition with Lucid after installing 12.04

Threaded View

Beans

Can't access old partition with Lucid after installing 12.04

Hi All, reviews of cinnamon finally convinced me to make the jump from the sinking ship that is gnome 2. I went and installed linux mint 13/cinnamon, but after 15 minutes of trying to figure out how to turn the icons orange, I decided that it'd make sense to just install ubuntu 12.04 and cinnamon along with it.

I must have screwed something up when I deleted the linux mint partition and installed 12.04 on top of it, because now I can't boot into Lucid, nor can I access the files. I've attached a screenshot of the disk utility. How can I (or can I?) re-establish dual-boot? And how can I get to my old home directory from 12.04? The two partitions (the 45GB one and the 39 GB one) were both put thereby the linux mint installer when I set up the mint dual-boot. One of them has lucid, and one of them has my home folder (I think).

I want to ease my way into cinnamon, and preserve an avenue of retreat for myself, in case I find myself hating cinnamon as intensely (or even half as intensely) as I hated gnome 3 and unity.

Help much appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images