Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8.04 Hardy - I can no longer print

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: 8.04 Hardy - I can no longer print

Many thanks everyone, problem now solved!

It was indeed the hard drive being a bit too full, running the commands posted by bryncoles freed up some more space, so root has now has 361MiB free (95% full).

Oddly, I thought I had run these commands before, after I did a Google search. Perhaps those were different but similar-looking commands.

I didn't reinstall hplip, and it turns out that wasn't the cause.

I will be getting a replacement computer as soon as funds allow, I need a desktop rather a laptop which I currently have, and a 20GB drive just isn't big enough now! Not to mention a couple of hardware problems - dodgy power socket and both screen hinges have broken! New computer will be getting the latest LTS release, when I can afford to buy it

Very pleased with Ubuntu overall, this is the first time in over 4 years that I've had to ask for help, and I'm not a computer person by a long way!

Thanks again guys! Much appreciated!

P.S. mörgæs - thanks for fixing the typo!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

You are welcome.

I'd recommend a 3-4 years old desktop rather than a new. You can get used gear for a very modest price, and unless you are a hard-core gamer you probably don't need the speed of a cutting edge machine.

Please remember to mark the thread 'solved'.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Thanks for the advice. Yes, cheaper is better for me at the moment, and 3-4 years old will be fine, I think my current machine is nearly 10 years old.

I'll mark the thread solved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12