Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question 12.04

just installed 12.04 and just wondering if anyone else seems to find it a bit buggy?

Beans
    Distro

Re: 12.04

I've been using it since shortly after it came out without problems I could trace to 12.04 itself. Mine is built from a minimal install, though, and I'm not even using Unity. What do you mean by buggy? What sort of problems are you having?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1473 View Post
    I've been using it since shortly after it came out without problems I could trace to 12.04 itself. Mine is built from a minimal install, though, and I'm not even using Unity. What do you mean by buggy? What sort of problems are you having?
    pages freezing and a problem where it keeps disconnecting from wifi are the 2 main problems ive come across. also doesnt seem as fast as 10.10, a lot slower loading programmes and apps.

Beans
    Distro

Switched from 10.10 to 12.04.

Once I got rid of unity and replaced it with fallback gnome it seems more responsive than 10.10.

Didn't find any major bug yet. Unity and gnome3 do feel to get slower the more your session lasts, just glad I have the choose to fallback.
    Xye incredibly difficult puzzle game with minimal graphics. Also at playdeb
    Got a blog: Will Stay Free

Beans
    Distro

I haven't encountered anything like that but again, I'm not using Unity/Gnome 3. I'm not saying there's anything necessarily wrong with them performance-wise (in fact I'm pretty sure they're designed to be netbook friendly, and they're certainly less demanding than Windows) it's just not my preference. Without knowing much about what's going on all I could think is that desktop environment can make a big difference. Do you have any others installed on your system you could try? I'm using Enlightenment which is performing beautifully right now but it's still in development so every once in a while an update will come along that messes things up pretty bad for a day or so.

Alternatively, you could try using system monitor to see what's up next time things get laggy and freezy. Additionally, I doubt the wifi thing is a desktop environment problem, not sure what you'd do about random disconnects though. I'm not gonna get too much into support stuff though since it seems you're just curious if anyone else is having problems.
    Last edited by Dylan1473; August 5th, 2012 at 05:54 PM.

Beans

What's your hardware?

Beans
    Distro

I think compiz tends to cause freezes sometimes when video card is not very well supported. If you try Unity2D do you get them?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1473 View Post
    Alternatively, you could try using system monitor to see what's up next time things get laggy and freezy. Additionally, I doubt the wifi thing is a desktop environment problem, not sure what you'd do about random disconnects though. I'm not gonna get too much into support stuff though since it seems you're just curious if anyone else is having problems.
    the wifi problem didn't happen with 10.10 installed, only became a problem with 12.04 installed.

Beans
    Distro

There's almost always a new hardware regression which each release that affects some hardware users. I've been through many of them

Try googling 12.04 with the name of your wireless hardware, there might be other people with your issue and maybe even fixes.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by vexorian View Post
    There's almost always a new hardware regression which each release that affects some hardware users. I've been through many of them

Try googling 12.04 with the name of your wireless hardware, there might be other people with your issue and maybe even fixes.

the wifi stays connected fine as long as i'm using the laptop, the problem is when i try to leave the laptop on overnight to download and it goes into suspended mode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast