Thread: Community-Wiki Discussion: Show Hidden Startup Applications

Beans

Post Community-Wiki Discussion: Show Hidden Startup Applications

This is the discussion thread for CommunityWiki - Show Hidden Start-up Applications:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Sh...upApplications

For support please see the support forums.

- CAZ

Beans

Re: Community-Wiki Discussion: Show Hidden Startup Applications

This was fun. i decided to try it by deleting all the items in /etc/xdg/autostart for fun. My system booted me out of the login screen and kept looping through the same process. Thank God I backed up my autostart folder and replaced the empty folder with the backup using a live cd. Remember, I did this for fun to see what would happen.

Beans

I would add a note to the Wiki page, that you should be aware, that you should undo those changes before you upgrade your system, otherwise you will get a question if you want to keep the edited .desktop files or use the package maintainers default for **each** of those files!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Prehistoric and stone-dead thread closed.

@rubo77, this thread dates from and had not been posted to for over seven years. The OP last logged into the forum in October 2013. The linked wiki was last edited in November 2012. It is safe to assume that the wiki has been long abandoned. All these dates are easily found.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.