Thread: Unable to view videos in browsers

Hybrid View

Beans

Unable to view videos in browsers

I have recently upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04, and since then I am unable to view videos or anything flash related in my current browser. I use Firefox. I have tried all solutions that I have found, and even tried two different browsers, Opera and Chrome. I have tried flash aid and still no luck. In Firefox, the video will not even load, and in Opera and Chrome they both give me the "Shockwave Player has crashed" message. All of this worked fine in 10.04. So I am unsure at what I need to do to fix this. Please help.

Thanks,

Pharoahphx

Beans

Re: Unable to view videos in browsers

What does this page show for you? www.mozilla.org/plugincheck/
    Last edited by 1204; August 3rd, 2012 at 06:45 PM.

Beans

Windows Media Player Plug-in

Gecko Media Player 1.0.4

Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer Unknown plugin Research QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.9

Gecko Media Player 1.0.4

Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer Outdated Version Update Shockwave Flash

Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202 11.2.202.0 Up to Date DivX Browser Plug-In

Gecko Media Player 1.0.4

Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer Unknown plugin Research RealPlayer 9

Gecko Media Player 1.0.4

Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer Unknown plugin Research Thanks for the response, here is what the page said.

mplayerplug-in is now gecko-mediaplayer 1.0.4

Gecko Media Player 1.0.4

Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer Unknown plugin Research

Beans

Well everything seems to be alright. Close Firefox and open Terminal. Then commands:

cd
    cd .macromedia
    rm -rf Flash_Player

Now flash player files removed. Open Firefox and try Youtube or something. Does it work?

Beans

I tried those commands, and still no luck. Just as before the space where the video is suppose to be is blank, not even an outlined box.

Pharoahphx

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Do you have any plug-ins for Firefox which block javascript or flash objects from automatically running when you enter a webpage, such as NoScript or and ad blocking program? These can also block video playback.