Thread: How do I stop Audio Loopback?

Beans

Question How do I stop Audio Loopback?

So, I followed http://thelinuxexperiment.com/guinea...-in-interface/ <--- this guide to get audio loopback. Now normally, lag is very minimal and ignorable, but when playing sound from a game system, the lag is several seconds. Now, I found http://thelinuxexperiment.com/guinea.../#comment-3244 <--- this guide, which tells you how to fix the lag. Now the problem is, "2. Unload any previous loopback modules If you had followed Jon’s previous posts then you will need to unload the modules (and potentially change your PulseAudio configuration so they don’t get loaded again on next restart). This is to stop it from doubling all loopback sound." I don't know how to do this. Nor, do I know how to do this: "3. Create an executable script
    Create a script..."

Please, help.

P.S. Is there any way to enable HTML in my posts?

Beans

Re: How do I stop Audio Loopback?

Come on. Don't let this turn out like my other thread where nobody at all even tried to help.

Beans

One day mark. Hurray for unhelpfulness! I just find it funny that the place I'm supposed to go for support has not been supportive so far.

Beans

Cool Re: How do I stop Audio Loopback?

Two days, and not a single soul has so much as offered their help. I've made more progress on 7chan and deviantART than I have on the Ubuntu forums, the place to go for help with Ubuntu. That's not to say my problem is solved, I still need some help, and I'd love it if the people who know Ubuntu best would help me out, but I guess I'll keep waiting and be patient.
    Last edited by Uikri; August 5th, 2012 at 01:24 AM.

Beans

Three days is a little unreasonable, don't you think? If I had had help from the community, then maybe my sound wouldn't have gotten so screwed up, and I wouldn't be working off of a reinstall right now.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Please remember everyone here is a volunteer. It's possible that you're not getting an answer because no one here knows. In the meantime I'll move your post to the Multimedia subforum to see if that helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Last edited by tartalo; August 6th, 2012 at 07:47 PM.