Thread: Duplicate Tasks in Gnome's task bar

Beans

Duplicate Tasks in Gnome's task bar

Hello,

I am running 12.04 64-bit with an nVidia card. Proprietary driver is installed. I have two monitors, and running Gnome. My task bar shows all tasks twice (screenshot). Is there a way to fix that and have it show just one of each in the main monitor? Attaching XORG file just in case as well.

Thanks!
    BM
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Re: Duplicate Tasks in Gnome's task bar

I have the same issue and it was after doing a dist upgrade to 12.04. I am also using an nvidia card, nvidia 7600GT to be exact. I tried switching between all the nvidia drivers listed in the additional drivers section with no luck. Any chance you stumbled on a fix?

Beans

Re: Duplicate Tasks in Gnome's task bar

Quote Originally Posted by uglypewp View Post
    I have the same issue and it was after doing a dist upgrade to 12.04. I am also using an nvidia card, nvidia 7600GT to be exact. I tried switching between all the nvidia drivers listed in the additional drivers section with no luck. Any chance you stumbled on a fix?
    Looks like my problem stemmed from switching from twinview to separate xview in the nvidia-settings panel. I was able to reset everything back by deleting ~.config/dconf/users then logging out and back in.