Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP Probook 4530s - laptop ovearheating

Beans

Re: HP Probook 4530s - laptop ovearheating

I hope this will help to you as well. Apart of the update BIOS to a latest version, I noticed that when I have used Chromium browser my notebook was getting hotter. I get rid of Chromium and I keep the FireFox as a my main browser. I've started to get a positive results. So, my advice would be to keep FireFox as your main Internet browser. I will report any other thoughts soon.

So far is good! The notebook is running about 6 hours constantly with browsing the web only, OpenOffice and PDF editing. Recent temperatures are:

Code:
    mariusz@mariusz-HP-ProBook-4530s:~$ sensors
    acpitz-virtual-0
    Adapter: Virtual device
    temp1:        +49.0°C  (crit = +128.0°C)
    temp2:         +0.0°C  (crit = +128.0°C)
    temp3:        +31.0°C  (crit = +128.0°C)
    temp4:        +43.0°C  (crit = +128.0°C)
    temp5:        +27.0°C  (crit = +128.0°C)
    temp6:         +0.0°C  (crit = +128.0°C)
    temp7:         +0.0°C  (crit = +128.0°C)
    temp8:         +0.0°C  (crit = +128.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0000
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    Physical id 0:  +49.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +85.0°C)
    Core 0:         +45.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +85.0°C)
    Core 1:         +48.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +85.0°C)
    The ridiculous 60°C never been achieved, even if I have opened 40 tabs. I still have installed Jupiter and set up on "POWER ON DEMAND". "Power saver" gives me a better results, however, I was unable to watch YouTube videos (due to a power limits?) . I can still feel the warm from my notebook, but it's really less noticeable and I can easily work on.

Edit:

Temperatures with an only open Firefox:

Regards, Mariusz
    Last edited by trulynon; August 11th, 2012 at 08:54 PM.

Beans

Yesterday i did the bios update, I just installed fedora 17 KDE, made all the updates and I notice that the temperature of the left side of the touchpad is decreased a lot but still warm, I can say that now i think i can use linux, anyway with windows 7 the laptop is perfect cool.

I'm with the kernel 3.5.1-1.fc17.x86_64 , I'll let you know how the thing going.

thx bye

PS. my temps are almost exactly as yours.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by in0cula View Post
    Yesterday i did the bios update, I just installed fedora 17 KDE, made all the updates and I notice that the temperature of the left side of the touchpad is decreased a lot but still warm, I can say that now i think i can use linux, anyway with windows 7 the laptop is perfect cool.

I'm with the kernel 3.5.1-1.fc17.x86_64 , I'll let you know how the thing going.

thx bye

PS. my temps are almost exactly as yours.

That's good to know My kernel version is 3.2.0-29-generic. The temperature of the left side of the touch pad is now OK to me. A really noticeable warm has gone. This is my third day with Ubuntu and I'm not going back to Windows. The warm heating is not so annoying as I experienced before and battery life is now increased up to 4 hours. That's good news, I'd says that working time on a battery is even longer then on Windows.

Have you tried installed Jupiter and play with the power consumption settings? This might decrease temperature lot more, however, my temperatures now are OK for me. I'd like to decrease temperature to at least 40°C, but I think isn't possible. The lower level how I managed to get on Windows was 43°C, so I'm quite happy now and I really believe that future bring for us a lot of changes in this case and finally someone solve this issue. I'll look forward your thoughts.

Recent temps (notebook is on at least 14 hours):

Code:
     mariusz@mariusz-HP-ProBook-4530s:~$ sensors
    acpitz-virtual-0
    Adapter: Virtual device
    temp1:        +49.0°C  (crit = +128.0°C)
    temp2:         +0.0°C  (crit = +128.0°C)
    temp3:        +34.0°C  (crit = +128.0°C)
    temp4:        +48.0°C  (crit = +128.0°C)
    temp5:        +31.0°C  (crit = +128.0°C)
    temp6:         +0.0°C  (crit = +128.0°C)
    temp7:         +0.0°C  (crit = +128.0°C)
    temp8:         +0.0°C  (crit = +128.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0000
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    Physical id 0:  +49.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +85.0°C)
    Core 0:         +46.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +85.0°C)
    Core 1:         +49.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +85.0°C)
    Last edited by trulynon; August 12th, 2012 at 08:28 PM.

Beans

Hi all,

I would like to add a couple of more thoughts how the things are going now. First of all, I have to say I think that my existing overheating problem has been solved. Temperatures are usually under 50 degrees and notebook is not so hot as was before. Fan is running constantly, however, I have no problem with this. An overall performance is just decent. I will recommend to use a FireFox and jupiter and of course make sure that you have the latest BIOS version. I will go deep and deep into Ubuntu and I think that this is the future of the OS. Thanks for advices, I really appreciated.

Btw. I mark the thread solved. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12