Thread: Ununtu 12.04 terminal???

Beans

Ununtu 12.04 terminal???

I am a total newbie to linux I am running this o/s from a dvd. I cannot find the terminal window. How do I start the terminal??? My harddrive died and I want to use this o/s when I get a new one. The reason I need the terminal is I am trying to install Java so I can play pogo games.

Thanks
    Chris

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Ununtu 12.04 terminal???

To access the terminal press the "windows" key and type "terminal" in the heads up display... or simply point the mouse to the upper left hand corner of the screen and type terminal in the search box. you will see it right away.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

You can get terminal either if you press Windows (super key) and type terminal, or just press ctrl+alt+t <----- shortcut for terminal.

Hope this helps

Regards.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A QUANTAL QUETZAL IS...BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE PRETZEL AND I LIKE PRETZEL

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR 254 View Post
    I am a total newbie to linux I am running this o/s from a dvd. I cannot find the terminal window. How do I start the terminal??? My harddrive died and I want to use this o/s when I get a new one. The reason I need the terminal is I am trying to install Java so I can play pogo games.

Thanks
    Chris
    BTW - if you have trouble installing Java check out this site, its a great tutorial.

Beans

thanks for the quick reply