Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP 210- after hibernate, computer won't start

Beans

Re: HP 210- after hibernate, computer won't start

Quote Originally Posted by ftkatyowser View Post
    Oops. Double post
    Quote Originally Posted by daslinkard View Post
    Personally I believe it is the HD....I've seen where other people have had the same issue and they have suggested taking the entire PC apart, disconnecting all components, reassembling and then rebooting. In one forum there was a person jumping through all kinds of hoops to find out it was the HD that went bad.
    That's what I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure before I went and got a new one, honestly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Good luck....I'm subscribed to the post so if you have any questions or if I can be of assistance just let me know.

Beans

I have same trouble. After hibernate from Lubuntu 12.04 my HP Mini 210 won't start. When power on I have HDD led lighting 3 second and then off, but netbook is still working with blank screen and nothing happend.
    Sorry for my English if I made a mistake(s).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Have you tried booting linux from a CD or flash-drive?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by daslinkard View Post
    Personally I believe it is the HD....I've seen where other people have had the same issue and they have suggested taking the entire PC apart, disconnecting all components, reassembling and then rebooting. In one forum there was a person jumping through all kinds of hoops to find out it was the HD that went bad.
    I have the same problem, but most certainly it isn't caused by hardware malfunction. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to write this from my alternative OS.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by DrKaoliN View Post
    I have the same problem, but most certainly it isn't caused by hardware malfunction. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to write this from my alternative OS.
    Are you having the same problem on the same system as the original poster - running hibernate on a HP 210 and unable to get a running system afterwards? If so, you may be stuck in a resume loop. One way to get out is to use the noresume kernel boot parameter. This will wipe the resume image from the swap space, return swap to its original state, and restart the system. You can follow the "Temporarily Add a Kernel Boot Parameter for Testing" instructions here on how to temporarily boot with the noresume parameter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12