Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does invoking HUD or Dash affect appearance of indicators in the top panel?

Beans

Does invoking HUD or Dash affect appearance of indicators in the top panel?

Does anyone else see this in Ubuntu 12.04 fully updated ...

When I press the Super key to bring up the Dash or the Alt key to bring up the HUD, I find that the appearance of the icons of indicators in the top panel is affected. While the effect is marginal for most of them, the area occupied by the System Load Indicator becomes totally white and of no use as long as the Dash or HUD are in use. Can someone who uses the System Load Indicator verify this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Does invoking HUD or Dash affect appearance of indicators in the top panel?

This is not happening for me.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bufeu View Post
    This is not happening for me.
    Do you have System Load Indicator installed?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

My icons have an x-ray effect. I thought it was working as designed.

Screenshot from 2012-07-24 08:35:07.png

Screenshot from 2012-07-24 08:35:36.png

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dan View Post
    My icons have an x-ray effect. I thought it was working as designed.

Screenshot from 2012-07-24 08:35:07.png

Screenshot from 2012-07-24 08:35:36.png
    Dan, the upper one is with HUD or Dash and the lower one is normal, is that correct?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    Dan, the upper one is with HUD or Dash and the lower one is normal, is that correct?
    No. The top is without the dash open. The bottom one is with the dash open.

Are you by any chance using AMD drivers? I am.

Beans

No. The top is without the dash open. The bottom one is with the dash open.

Are you by any chance using AMD drivers? I am.
    No, I have a Dell 1545 laptop with integrated graphics.

I'll take a look at your pics again. One of them has a decent (multicolored) icon for a monitor (far right), the other has a white monitor somewhat like what I see for the System Load Indicator.

Yes, your monitor icon gets messed up. It looks like calling up the Dash/HUD makes stuff in the top panel monocolor. I'm not sure that is what is intended.
    Last edited by vasa1; July 24th, 2012 at 01:57 PM.

Beans
    Distro

No, I have a Dell 1545 laptop with integrated graphics.

I'll take a look at your pics again. One of them has a decent (multicolored) icon for a monitor (far right), the other has a white monitor somewhat like what I see for the System Load Indicator.
    That's just my icon set. The monitor on the far right is the shutdown, logoff, etc commands.

From left to right the icons are as follows. Weather, Dropbox, Messaging Menu, Network, Sound, Clock, Me Menu, Shutdown logoff etc.

Beans

That's just my icon set. The monitor on the far right is the shutdown, logoff, etc commands.

From left to right the icons are as follows. Weather, Dropbox, Messaging Menu, Network, Sound, Clock, Me Menu, Shutdown logoff etc.
    The only one with multicolors is the one on the far right and, with the Dash open, it loses its multicolor nature.

Beans
    Distro

The only one with multicolors is the one on the far right and, with the Dash open, it loses its multicolor nature.
    But everything else is inverted. Look without the dash open they're all black. With the dash open they're white.

I figured it's just working as designed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast