Thread: AncientBeast.com - Free Open Source Game Project

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Arrow AncientBeast.com - Free Open Source Game Project

www.AncientBeast.com

(it's somewhat similar to Heroes of Might and Magic 3, but only focused on the combat aspect)

- free open source turn based strategy played right from the browser
    - 49 creatures, each with unique stats and abilities, not to mention nicely looking and animated
    - 1vs1 or 2vs2, pure PvP, focused on just tactical combat
    - various gameplay modes (such as ladder, tournament, casual or trivia, where you can learn new things while playing and having fun)
    - same game but with different flavors: 2d, 3d and Augmented Reality game modes
    - cross platform and cross device, with no need to install anything
    - use smartphone as controller
    - nice game plot based on the reprap project
    - ability to earn money (bitcoins) by betting on matches or by playing (without having to pay anything)

This project is basically the "one minute to learn, a lifetime to master" type. And it scales nicely with new technology, so that even people with handicaps, including blind people, should be able to play it.
    Note that the stuff above describes the final project, so a lot of it is still yet to happen. But you can help with that by donating, contributing artwork or patches or even by providing feedback and support.
    Keep in mind that I work full time on this project, I have no actual income besides donations and funding, so money goes a long way for me.
    I rejected a lot of good job offers (that I wasn't even looking for) so that I can have more time and energy to put into this project that I actually care about.
    It would be nice if I could afford to commission artists more often or even hire a part time gameplay coder (because the project really lacks that atm).

www.AncientBeast.com/donate

There's always progress around, but it would be great if there was even more! Each time I receive a donation, it just makes my day. Not to mention contributions, feedback, new fans : )
    Feel free to drop by #AncientBeast channel on Freenode network. You can also join from the website's chat page. Hope to see you around!
    Last edited by Dread Knight; July 14th, 2013 at 05:41 AM. Reason: added game screenie
    AncientBeast.com - My free open source turn based strategy game project! Master your beasts!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: AncientBeast.com - Free Open Source Game Project

I see you from somewhere else, is an epic work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks! Will probably just remove the part about me and link it instead for those interested.
    AncientBeast.com - My free open source turn based strategy game project! Master your beasts!

Beans

I would kindly contribute in 3D modeling and rigging but I can't find a contribution page on the official website.

Beans

Looks cool
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by turjuque View Post
    I would kindly contribute in 3D modeling and rigging but I can't find a contribution page on the official website.
    Usually it's like this: join the chat page and I estimate your skills and assign you with a suitable task.

http://ancientbeast.com/chat

or if you want to use your own IRC client, #AncientBeast on Freenode server

I'm guessing this is your work http://fav.me/d4qx6bi , if so, you got potential to do some damage

Quote Originally Posted by Dlambert View Post
    Looks cool
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Dread Knight; July 24th, 2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: added irc link

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

A new version was released last month. I'm looking for multiplayer beta testers, the game doesn't have online multiplayer yet, so I'm using www.TeamViewer.com for now, hosting the matches myself.
    Feel free to add me on skype dk.vali or on facebook www.facebook.com/DreadKnight