Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AncientBeast.com - Free Open Source Game Project

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: AncientBeast.com - Free Open Source Game Project

would be cool to see this game in the chrome web store
    When close to achieving you quit! If you don't try you failed. Real Winners are not afraid of losing.
    ubuntu newsletter ; Report Papercuts (small annoyances/bugs) ; beginners guide and video http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tNpt5RZYI

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by madjr View Post
    would be cool to see this game in the chrome web store
    Would be cool if this project could get more help and have a playable prototype first. Having a shortcut in chrome store is minor stuff down the road xD
    AncientBeast.com - My free open source turn based strategy game project! Master your beasts!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Knight View Post
    Would be cool if this project could get more help and have a playable prototype first. Having a shortcut in chrome store is minor stuff down the road xD
    I'd love to help but unfortunately I can't. At least I think I can't

hakermania is offline Τώρα ξέρεις τι γράφω εδώ!
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Nice! Very nice!
    Website

Wallch (Wallpaper Changer): Sourceforge | Launchpad

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Sarys View Post
    I'd love to help but unfortunately I can't. At least I think I can't
    Well, everybody can help out tbh
    I'll probably be more specific on various ways to do so and mention them right on the homepage of the project.

Quote Originally Posted by hakermania View Post
    Nice! Very nice!
    Thank you!
    AncientBeast.com - My free open source turn based strategy game project! Master your beasts!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Heroes of Might and Magic 2 was pixelart I guess, heroes 1 was truly hand painted. You're right, heroes got very strange after III.

You mentioned you wouldn't try any kickstarter soon, but I think it would be nice, as you will learn a lot of things regarding that quickly, some things you will only be able to learn by being there.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarts View Post
    Heroes of Might and Magic 2 was pixelart I guess, heroes 1 was truly hand painted. You're right, heroes got very strange after III.

You mentioned you wouldn't try any kickstarter soon, but I think it would be nice, as you will learn a lot of things regarding that quickly, some things you will only be able to learn by being there.
    I'm not sure is heroes 1 hand painted but I guess it could be (I have heroes collection)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Arrow Re: AncientBeast.com - Free Open Source Game Project

It's been 4 weeks since last post and this thread got buried till above neck by those damn minecrap "omg bbq it's not working" garbage threads

A few days after I started this thread, received a new addition to the team, a really skilled french 3d artist, which is now an intern working on the project for several months, creating 3d versions of several creatures.
    Bellow you can see an example of Clément Foucault's contribution, taking 2d artwork (left side) and 3d modeling it using blender (right side).

Also, I've been working hard myself and I finished adding *ALL* the game's creatures into the bestiary, so go check it out! http://AncientBeast.com/bestiary

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Exceptional artwork Dread, keep going with your project. I hope you get the funding you require when you start a campaing or if you just decided to plainly sell the game the usual way.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarts View Post
    Exceptional artwork Dread, keep going with your project. I hope you get the funding you require when you start a campaing or if you just decided to plainly sell the game the usual way.
    Thanks! Crowd funding will still take a while for sure, as I'm setting up a small recording studio, with green screen and such. Talked to a pretty lady and will have a few videos of her presenting the project.

The final game will be free, but who wishes can spend real money to rush a bit and purchase items and creatures. Also, I'm considering selling private alpha/beta keys soon, similar strategy to Dota 2.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast