Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apple's ordered to run ads in UK admitting that Samsung didn't copy the iPad

Beans
    Hidden!

Lightbulb Apple's ordered to run ads in UK admitting that Samsung didn't copy the iPad

The order was made by Judge Colin Birss yesterday after Apple's response to his ruling a week earlier that Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10 didn't infringe Apple's design patents.

After that decision, Apple released a statement.

"It's no coincidence that Samsung's latest products look a lot like the iPhone and iPad, from the shape of the hardware to the user interface and even the packaging," said Apple.

"This kind of blatant copying is wrong and, as we've said many times before, we need to protect Apple's intellectual property when companies steal our ideas."

Well, no judge likes to have his verdict disrespected like that, and Birss certainly has form when it comes to ritual humiliation. When making his original ruling, he said the reason Samsung's device couldn't be confused with the iPad was its 'almost insubstantial' thinness, and fiddly detail on the back.

"They are not as cool," he said.

Now, he wants Apple to run ads pointing to his High Court ruling, as well as posting a notice on its website for six months.
    http://www.tgdaily.com/business-and-...axy-tab-claims

Looks like Apple royally messed up, on this one.
    "Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." ~ Yoda

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Apple's ordered to run ads in UK admitting that Samsung didn't copy the iPad

yay!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Apple's ordered to run ads in UK admitting that Samsung didn't copy the iPad

A lesson for those who push stupidity to the limit. Not because you have money that you can do anything you want.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

What I can't understand with Apple though is ,,, claiming intellectual rights on a rectangle. Watch out , next week they'll be taking the manufacturers of A4 sized photocopier paper to court.

Beans

That's just funny.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I can only assume that the Judge's statement of "not as cool" is one hell of a paraphrasing; otherwise it was either very witty, or incredibly dim.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Lol. I can hear the teeth grinding in Cupertino from here.

Beans

Whilst I totally agree with the court ruling with regards to any design or patent infringement, this decision in my opinion damages the reputation of the Court.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    Whilst I totally agree with the court ruling with regards to any design or patent infringement, this decision in my opinion damages the reputation of the Court.
    For those who don't keep up with this as much as others, would you care to elaborate on reputation-damaging part?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    this decision in my opinion damages the reputation of the Court.
    How so? Looks to me like the court have reserved an extra can of whupp-*** for those who aren't showing it proper respect.

What damages the reputation of the court is people who bring frivolous suits before it and force it to rule on trivia, as if it had nothing better to do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast