Thread: Startup disk creator problem

Beans

Startup disk creator problem

The Startup Disk Creator on my Starling star1 netbook is not recognizing .iso and CD images. At the top of the Startup Disk Creator window where it says Source disc image (iso) or CD:, I click the Other tab and then click the Documents folder where the iso or CD image is and then I click Open but the top of the Startup Disk Creator window remains grayed out. I have downloaded images from Slitaz, Slax, Puppy Linux, Damn Small Linux and Knoppix. The only image I could get to work is Linux Mint. I figured that since Damn Small Linux and Knoppix are Debian based there should not be any problems yet I cannot open the image in my Documents folder. I am using 12.04 LTS. Does anyone have any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Startup disk creator problem

Quote Originally Posted by starling123 View Post
    The Startup Disk Creator on my Starling star1 netbook is not recognizing .iso and CD images. At the top of the Startup Disk Creator window where it says Source disc image (iso) or CD:, I click the Other tab and then click the Documents folder where the iso or CD image is and then I click Open but the top of the Startup Disk Creator window remains grayed out. I have downloaded images from Slitaz, Slax, Puppy Linux, Damn Small Linux and Knoppix. The only image I could get to work is Linux Mint. I figured that since Damn Small Linux and Knoppix are Debian based there should not be any problems yet I cannot open the image in my Documents folder. I am using 12.04 LTS. Does anyone have any ideas?
    I'm not sure, but I believe the startup disk creator is designed for Ubuntu-based distros. If you have one of those, you should be fine, but otherwise, it may fail.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!