Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefox / Abrowser wasted space problem - Plugin needed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Firefox / Abrowser wasted space problem - Plugin needed

I use Abrowser - which is Firefox without the branding.

At the top of the browser is a bar which totally wastes vertical real-estate on my display. You can see an image in the file I attached.

Is there a way to get rid of this bar at the top. All it does is tell you the name of the web page you are viewing. I don't need that. The minimimize/maximize buttons on the right I have highlighted. They could much better be placed in the bar below. I have indicated this with a red arrow.

Is there an extension or plugin that gets rid of this bar?

Thank you!

By the way, I wanted to include the image in-line in the text, but when I click on the insert image button it says Please enter the URL of your image. The image is not on a website. It is in my Pictures folder in my home directory. How can I put such an image into the message?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Linux-libre ask for it
    Coreboot Free software to replace proprietary BIOS
    Trisquel a fully free GNU/Linux-libre distribution
    Open Source does not mean Free My Spec Earthlings

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Firefox / Abrowser wasted space problem - Plugin needed

Quote Originally Posted by yeehi View Post

At the top of the browser is a bar which totally wastes vertical real-estate on my display. You can see an image in the file I attached.

Is there a way to get rid of this bar at the top. All it does is tell you the name of the web page you are viewing. I don't need that. The minimimize/maximize buttons on the right I have highlighted. They could much better be placed in the bar below. I have indicated this with a red arrow.

Thank you!

By the way, I wanted to include the image in-line in the text, but when I click on the insert image button it says Please enter the URL of your image. The image is not on a website. It is in my Pictures folder in my home directory. How can I put such an image into the message?
    I'm not aware of any way to remove the titlebar, but I agree it could be useful.

As for your query about images in-line with text, can I suggest that you forget doing that. Whenever I see a post with images in-line it puts me off reading the post at all, as I find it much more difficult to read that way. Why do you think images as attachments are not as good?
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 16.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    Whenever I see a post with images in-line it puts me off reading the post at all, as I find it much more difficult to read that way.
    AJ has a point. The way to get your images inline, though, is to uplaod them to one of those online galleries and then link to the picture using the img button that you already have tried. I don't bother. I find an attachment better.

As far as the Tabs go, I seriously doubt you can change that. How would you choose which tab to view if they were not visible?
    Last edited by audiomick; July 18th, 2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Michael

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I could do that on Win 7 but I don't think it's possible on Linux.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by audiomick View Post
    As far as the Tabs go, I seriously doubt you can change that. How would you choose which tab to view if they were not visible?
    I like to see the tabs and want to keep them viewable where they are. What I don't want to see is the Title Bar, as I now know it is called. The only useful thing in the title bar for me is the minimize/maximize buttons.

I think Google Chrome gets by without a title bar...
    Linux-libre ask for it

Beans
    Distro

I think Google Chrome gets by without a title bar...
    Not from what I see.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

On my Firefox, F11 puts it into fullscreen mode. The title bar goes, but so do the tabs. You would have to change back (F11 again) to change tabs or go to a new page.
    Michael

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: Firefox / Abrowser wasted space problem - Plugin needed

Thanks to ajgreeny I learned that it was called the title bar. I was able to search for Title Bar extensions and found a good one to remove the title bar, Hide Caption Title Bar Plus.

The default setting is to shrink the title bar. After configuring the extension preferences the title bar went completely.

Linux-libre ask for it

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    Not from what I see.
    This depends on whether or not you use the gtk+ theme in chromium's settings ->Personal stuff. Change that to Classic theme and the title bar goes away.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 16.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    This depends on whether or not you use the gtk+ theme in chromium's settings ->Personal stuff. Change that to Classic theme and the title bar goes away.
    Hah! Actually, with both types, if one unticks Use System title bar and borders the title bar goes away!

Thank you and thanks to yeehi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast