Page 86 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Setup Samba peer-to-peer with Windows

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Setup Samba peer-to-peer with Windows

thanks for the guide, now I can sync my music to my zune on my windows guest.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by metalcoat View Post
    Also a new add for karmic users, samba4 will directly affect your shares. Do not install unless it is really needed. I had it installed and samba wouldn't work at all. Uninstalled and restarted bam! instant gratification
    There's not a patch for this?

Beans

Talking Re: HOWTO: Setup Samba peer-to-peer with Windows

A big thankyou to Stormbringer and others here. You have no idea the trouble I was having trying to set up browsing between XP and Ubuntu. I was at the point of going back to Microsoft entirely. That hurdle is over now thanks to the information in here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I've already configured samba to run with one windows laptop. However, I just bought a new (windows) computer and I can't see the samba shares in the new computer. What should I do?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I don't have a lot of experience with this, but maybe you just need to change its workgroup to the one you defined in /etc/samba/smb.conf?
    Also, check the firewalls.

I came from google search. My problem resolved after reading your how-to.

Beans

Yep got me thru the whole viewing files on Windows issue to.

Also worked with Win Vista x64 Ultimate even though there was some common sense involved.

Thanks very much for the guide.

Beans

Thank you for this stormbringer, using your guide I managed to set up samba no probs, and having never used it before I am very impressed!
    Thanks again

Beans

Great HOWTO. Very helpful! I have followed this howto and I am now able to access the files in my ubuntu computer from my vista computer. I can not however access files in my vista computer from my unbuntu computer. When I try to access my vista computer from my unbuntu (Places/Network), I see nothing as if nothing was being shared on my vista computer. I have disabled all firewalls on my vista computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I did everything to my smb file that I read. I have it working except I cannot see it from my Windows computer. My samba server cannot even see the files on my Windows computer either. I both machines can ping each other, and the workgroup name is the same as each other. I see on my Windows machine that the netBIOS over Tcpip is disabled.

What do I need to do to have active networking for my two home machines now ?

Help please.

Page 86 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast