Page 48 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

There's a typo in your mplayerplug-in script. I am guessing md should be mkdir. It works when I change that in the script.
    But I get the libaudio.so.2 error when I start mplayer, so I guess it's not much good for me.
    mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libaudio.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Last edited by Or'Enn; December 3rd, 2006 at 11:18 PM.

Beans

Thanks for this easy how-to. Followed the automated install and worked like a charm to get 32-bit FF with flash working on my new Edgy 64-bit Install. Just built a new system with a Core 2 Duo and have never had a 64-bit install before (first all Linux machine, no more MS). Hoping it sticks.
    I’ve been looking to get a Citrix ICAclient running to log into work (noticed that www.citrix.com does have a 64-bit version for *******…ack!).
    If I download the 32-bit citrix client is there anything special I need to do to get it to work with 32-bit FF?
    I have it working on my other Ubuntu Dapper 32-bit system.

EDIT: got Citrix client working and wrote up how here
    Thanks to Kilz for this guide and the Wine on 64-bit guide as well.
    Last edited by jkroto; December 8th, 2006 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Got Citrix client to work on 64-bit.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I tried running your script and now synaptic is broken.........
    E: The package j2re1.4 needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.
    E: Internal error opening cache (1). Please report.
    Last edited by gaaslight; December 5th, 2006 at 01:12 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by Or'Enn View Post
    There's a typo in your mplayerplug-in script. I am guessing md should be mkdir. It works when I change that in the script.
    But I get the libaudio.so.2 error when I start mplayer, so I guess it's not much good for me.
    mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libaudio.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    What version of Ubuntu are you running?
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by drunken_sapo View Post
    Hi, in the first place thanks for this great howto. I've run the script but it fails at the instalation of mplayer. Im using ubuntu edgy with the lastest updated. I got the following error:

I've no clue about this error, any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    sapo
    The mplayer package and plugins are incompatable with EDGY and this is clearly posted on the main page of the howto

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by gaaslight View Post
    I tried running your script and now synaptic is broken.........
    E: The package j2re1.4 needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.
    E: Internal error opening cache (1). Please report.
    I'm not saying you're responsible, but I would appreciate some help getting synaptic working again. I've unsuccessfully tried uninstalling j2re1.4. Should I try to install j2re5.0?

Beans
    Distro

It turns out that I never completely installed jre1.4. After running your script again and waiting for java to finish installing, synaptic is fixed and everything works as you said it would.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by gaaslight View Post
    It turns out that I never completely installed jre1.4. After running your script again and waiting for java to finish installing, synaptic is fixed and everything works as you said it would.
    cool, sorry for not responding, I meant to, but got called away from the computer, then forgot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Lightbulb Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

I wanted to let everyone having mplayer-plugin issues in on a temporary fix for Mozilla-based browsers. I installed Iceweasel 32-bit and was able to get Flash and Java working, but I couldn't get the mplayer-plugin to get past 99% for streaming video. I searched the forums for at least an hour and didn't really find a solution. Then I made my way to #ubuntu on irc.freenode.net where someone had a solution that worked: The MediaPlayerConnectivity Browser Extension

Go to http://membres.lycos.fr/sethnakht/ and look for XPI (Exenstion) download. Download the file to the directory of your choice. Once it's done downloading, Click on "Open File" in the "File" menu of your Mozilla-based browser. Find the XPI file you just downloaded. This will install the extension. To configure the extension, restart your web browser. You should now be able to view online streaming content albeit not embedded in the web page. But it's something that works.

Good luck!
    Jason
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron 1501 Turion X2; Ubuntu Hardy 8.04; Working: all hardware

Beans

I used your script earlier in the year, but after upgrading to Edgy, firefox crashes when I try to access the chess applets via games.yahoo.com

Any ideas?

Page 48 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast