Page 102 of 166 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1659

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans

Question Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Hello, I installed ia32 swift weasel using your bash script in 64bit feisty with everything. (flash and java was very easy) I was wondering how I can update swift weasel after its installed in this way. I have 2.0.0.4 and a now there is 2.0.0.6, Do I just install the .deb over the other one? This is probably explained somewhere in this thread but I will post my question anyways. !EDIT! I think i figured out the problem myself, the package swiftweasel32-2.0.0.6_nocona-32bit_ubuntu-AMD64.deb has not been made because it is still in pre-release, i have the older swiftweasel32-2.0.0.4_nocona-32bit_ubuntu-AMD64.deb installed i gather swiftweasel32-2.0.0.5_nocona-32bit_ubuntu-AMD64.deb has bugs so i guess i can wait, please tell me if im right or if theres a work around, thanks. (I'd also like to thank the developer of this project ahead of time for forking such a good browser and kilz for helping people.)
    Last edited by Neo Tom Bombadil; August 2nd, 2007 at 10:06 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Tom Bombadil View Post
    Hello, I installed ia32 swift weasel using your bash script in 64bit feisty with everything. (flash and java was very easy) I was wondering how I can update swift weasel after its installed in this way. I have 2.0.0.4 and a now there is 2.0.0.6, Do I just install the .deb over the other one? This is probably explained somewhere in this thread but I will post my question anyways. !EDIT! I think i figured out the problem myself, the package swiftweasel32-2.0.0.6_nocona-32bit_ubuntu-AMD64.deb has not been made because it is still in pre-release, i have the older swiftweasel32-2.0.0.4_nocona-32bit_ubuntu-AMD64.deb installed i gather swiftweasel32-2.0.0.5_nocona-32bit_ubuntu-AMD64.deb has bugs so i guess i can wait, please tell me if im right or if theres a work around, thanks. (I'd also like to thank the developer of this project ahead of time for forking such a good browser and kilz for helping people.)
    I would just install the new deb and let it replace the old version
    swiftweasel32-2.0.0.5_nocona-32bit_ubuntu-AMD64.deb - is a 32bit browser that installs to your amd64 os for the 64bit intel processors.
    swiftweasel-2.0.0.6pre_nocona-64bit_ubuntu-AMD64.deb is a 64bit browser that installs to your amd64 os for the 64bit intel processors. But its a pre or beta release.
    swiftweasel-2.0.0.6pre_pentium-4_ubuntu-i386.deb? is a 32bit browser for a 32bit os.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans

I just installed the script for Feisty, and it look liked it finished, but I was under the impression that once it had done so, it would delete the folder that I extracted to the desktop along with finishing.

The real problem though, is that I thought that flash player would work after running this. So things like youtube and other sites still aren't working...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by shakujou View Post
    I just installed the script for Feisty, and it look liked it finished, but I was under the impression that once it had done so, it would delete the folder that I extracted to the desktop along with finishing.

The real problem though, is that I thought that flash player would work after running this. So things like youtube and other sites still aren't working...
    The new script uses a folder in your /temp directory. Are you using Firefox32 to go to Youtube? Secondly, have you closed all other browsers first before starting Firefox32 ?

Beans

This script worked like a charm. Just installed FF32 on Feisty and everything appears to be working as advertised.

Thanks a million.

Beans

Heya, firstly, thanks for the awesome script, and the dutiful help you've given, I really can't express enough thanks!

But I've run into some trouble and need some assistance. Originally, I was running the 64 bit version of FF on feisty_64 and had everything working (flash with nswrapper) except for java. I found this website and followed the instructions to get a 32bit install of firefox in my /usr/local/firefox32 directory. Everything worked great on that version of FF, except for the mplayer plugin, which shows a gray screen with a MPlayer Plugin, and all it does is buffer, but never plays, and never changes from the gray screen.

I tried changing the permissions on the plugins directory, to no avail, and I tried running your script, which also did not fix the issue. The aboutlugins page shows that the plugin is indeed installed and enabled, just broken I guess. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks a ton!

-NZ

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by _tigg_ View Post
    I had compiz extra and normal desktop effects but i've turned off and removed those yet I still don't get any sound. I've made sure i've got all the updates for feisty, java works fine and i get sound but still theres no sound from flash
    I have the same symptoms as _tigg_, but I've never installed compiz. I have sound in Java, but no sound in Flash. I tried the chmod command listed in the OP. Got anything else for me?

I wouldn't mind the absence of sound... If it weren't for lousy YouTube... Oh, and Homestar Runner. You gotta have Homestar Runner.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by neuralzen View Post
    Heya, firstly, thanks for the awesome script, and the dutiful help you've given, I really can't express enough thanks!

But I've run into some trouble and need some assistance. Originally, I was running the 64 bit version of FF on feisty_64 and had everything working (flash with nswrapper) except for java. I found this website and followed the instructions to get a 32bit install of firefox in my /usr/local/firefox32 directory. Everything worked great on that version of FF, except for the mplayer plugin, which shows a gray screen with a MPlayer Plugin, and all it does is buffer, but never plays, and never changes from the gray screen.

I tried changing the permissions on the plugins directory, to no avail, and I tried running your script, which also did not fix the issue. The aboutlugins page shows that the plugin is indeed installed and enabled, just broken I guess. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks a ton!

-NZ
    What script did you run? What options did you select in the script?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by aaaantoine View Post
    I have the same symptoms as _tigg_, but I've never installed compiz. I have sound in Java, but no sound in Flash. I tried the chmod command listed in the OP. Got anything else for me?

I wouldn't mind the absence of sound... If it weren't for lousy YouTube... Oh, and Homestar Runner. You gotta have Homestar Runner.
    You posted the problem (post 971) but must have missed the solution. Please read post 972. As you see in post 976 that the sound was fixed.
    After reading those posts, and trying the fixes. If the problem remains , post exactly what you have done to fix the problem so we dont duplicate actions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    You posted the problem (post 971) but must have missed the solution. Please read post 972. As you see in post 976 that the sound was fixed.
    After reading those posts, and trying the fixes. If the problem remains , post exactly what you have done to fix the problem so we dont duplicate actions.
    Right. Sorry about that.

I ran the Feisty script, and I believe I tried every step related to Flash in the OP, including the troubleshooting section at the end. I tried these steps a few times over.

Additionally, I tried:
    Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libesd.so.0 /usr/lib/libesd.so.1
    sudo mkdir -p /tmp/.esd/
    sudo touch /tmp/.esd/socket
    Source

And, in /etc/firefox/firefoxrc, I set:
    Code:
    FIREFOX_DSP="aoss"
    (Source forgotten)

I've also tried to run "aoss firefox", but that loads my 64-bit browser unless I already have a 32-bit browser window open. And even though running "firefox32" opens a browser window, attempting to run "aoss firefox32" gives me:
    /bin/sh: Can't open firefox32
    I also began to install PulseAudio for the purpose of making Flash sound work, but their "libflashsupport" code is 32-bit only -- the .deb won't install on my PC.

As I may have said before, I have confirmed that sound works elsewhere on the system, including in Java applets in the Firefox browser.

Page 102 of 166 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast