Page 113 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1659

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Great script. But, whenever i finish running it i get the following message when i try and start up firefox32.

/usr/local/firefox32/run-mozilla.sh: line 131: 19349 Floating point exception"$prog" ${1+"$@"}

If i then go to the /usr/local/firefox32 directory and run

weibel@pipes:/usr/local/firefox32$ linux32 ./firefox

I get this error,

./run-mozilla.sh: line 131: 19402 Floating point exception"$prog" ${1+"$@"}

If i try this instead,

weibel@pipes:/usr/local/firefox32$ linux32 ./firefox-bin

I get the following error,

./firefox-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libmozjs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Anyone know what i might be able to do to fix this? I also tried going through the manual install, but i get the same error messages.

thanks,
    Jason.

Beans

Thank you very much for the Firefox install script. It did everything that
    I could have wanted on a new Firefox32 install -- 64-bit Ubuntu Feisty
    7.04 on Fujitsu Lifebook A3130. Got sound, got Flash, got Java, got
    media player plugins.

I have removed the 64-bit version icon from my top tray and replaced it
    with the 32-bit version. Also placed a copy on the Desktop.

Is there a way to make the Firefox32 the default for opening web pages
    that you click on in say emails?

Thanks a million again Kilz. Guys like you make coming to these forums
    a big deal.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by weibel View Post
    Great script. But, whenever i finish running it i get the following message when i try and start up firefox32.

/usr/local/firefox32/run-mozilla.sh: line 131: 19349 Floating point exception"$prog" ${1+"$@"}

If i then go to the /usr/local/firefox32 directory and run

weibel@pipes:/usr/local/firefox32$ linux32 ./firefox

I get this error,

./run-mozilla.sh: line 131: 19402 Floating point exception"$prog" ${1+"$@"}

If i try this instead,

weibel@pipes:/usr/local/firefox32$ linux32 ./firefox-bin

I get the following error,

./firefox-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libmozjs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Anyone know what i might be able to do to fix this? I also tried going through the manual install, but i get the same error messages.

thanks,
    Jason.
    In order to help you I need some information. Please read the "how to get help" section of the howto.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Hi Kilz
    How can I have this so I can use RealPlayer not Mplayer for realmedia things?
    Kind Regards, Leona

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by leona View Post
    Hi Kilz
    How can I have this so I can use RealPlayer not Mplayer for realmedia things?
    I have never tried it, but my guess would be to install a 32bit version of the player and 32bit versions of all the dependencies. Then the 32bit plugins, and install them to /usr/lib32/firefox32/plugins

Beans

The script worked like a charm and my 32 bit firefox gets around the flash bugs. I have come across one problem, though: When in chat, if someone is using a microphone, the speech is slowed down to the point that the person sounds like Sloth from Goonies. I have the 32 bit Firefox on my laptop and this does not happen. Is this a hardware problem or something I can fix?

Beans

Here is a tip to have swiftweasel32 and swiftweasel (64-bit) installed on the same system (though not running simultaneously) with different profiles.

A slight tweak is needed in the script that fires up swiftweasel32 - /usr/local/swiftweasel32/swiftweasel

The logic:
    While firing up this script creates a copy of the existing firefox profile in a directory called swiftweasel in your ~/.mozilla/ . The same is true for 64 bit version as well. Hence, the 32-bit and 64-bit version end up sharing the same profile which is something you may not desire due to different plugins and their respective compatibilities.

Hence replace all occurrences of swiftweasel directory with that of swiftweasel32 . You may edit it by:

Code:
    kdesu kate /usr/local/swiftweasel32/swiftweasel
    Please do this manually as you should replace all references to the swiftweasel directory only. Then fire up swiftweasel32 and it shall have its own profile directory in ~/.mozilla/swiftweasel32 .

This may be useful is cases where one may need both browsers (or even firefox) for experimentation till all the 64-bit plugins are not stable and wants to keep the trials on for both.

Beans

Thanx man ! Had a few troubles but finally everything works great..

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Subscript View Post
    Here is a tip to have swiftweasel32 and swiftweasel (64-bit) installed on the same system (though not running simultaneously) with different profiles.

A slight tweak is needed in the script that fires up swiftweasel32 - /usr/local/swiftweasel32/swiftweasel

The logic:
    While firing up this script creates a copy of the existing firefox profile in a directory called swiftweasel in your ~/.mozilla/ . The same is true for 64 bit version as well. Hence, the 32-bit and 64-bit version end up sharing the same profile which is something you may not desire due to different plugins and their respective compatibilities.

Hence replace all occurrences of swiftweasel directory with that of swiftweasel32 . You may edit it by:

Code:
    kdesu kate /usr/local/swiftweasel32/swiftweasel
    Please do this manually as you should replace all references to the swiftweasel directory only. Then fire up swiftweasel32 and it shall have its own profile directory in ~/.mozilla/swiftweasel32 .

This may be useful is cases where one may need both browsers (or even firefox) for experimentation till all the 64-bit plugins are not stable and wants to keep the trials on for both.
    Plugins are not stored in your configuration folder. Mostly its for bookmarks and other settings that are not platform dependent. Why do you need to run both the 32bit and 64bit versions? Why even run the 32bit version of swiftweasel now that java will run on the 64bit version?

Beans

Hi Kilz,

First of all, thanks for the great script. I used it flawlessly before and I'm going to use it again since I recently reinstalled Feisty.

I'm not on my computer right now, so I can't run the script to figure this out myself, but looking at the script I have a small doubt: how does the Feisty part of the script works without downloading the mplayer32 deb?

I've noticed that the Dapper and Edgy installations download mplayer32 and mozilla-mplayer, but the Feisty part only downloads mozilla-mplayer. How does that work?

Thanks a lot again!
    -Keyper7

Page 113 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast