Page 150 of 166 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1659

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Quote Originally Posted by Crass Spektakel View Post
    Thanks for your script, it worked nicely for me.

For different reasons I wanted to uninstall it after checking it out (mostly because I decided to make the system a server later on and then firefox32 is just too much stuff)

It was quite tricky to do this because and I only managed it because I had dumped a list of installed packages and files earlier and could diff it against later. And still I am not sure if I got em all.

Basically I uninstalled the new packages and then removed /usr/lib32 (nothing besides firefox in it anyway) and /usr/local/firefox32. Anything else to keep an eye on? Some modified files in /etc or something?
    You probably fubared your system deleting /usr/lib32, uninstalling the .deb files is all thats needed as the script installs deb files.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Alternate Java

The Alternate Java section is good. The current Ubuntu-packaged Java recently stopped working with HP's RILO for remote sysadmin. The version linked to here works great.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by JARGXero View Post
    If I install Gutsy 64bit version, I won't be able to have Flash and Java on my Firefox browser? What if I upgrade Gutsy 64bit to Hardy? same problem?
    Not only will Flash and Java not be with you in 64 bit Ubuntu, but you'll be in Firefox3 beta - which for anyone who likes to have usuable URL bar, sucks. It also tends to have page elements swim about the screen more as it loads pages. Hopefully one of the forks will fix this garbage, since the Firefox developers have made it adamantly clear they're proud of their new baby just the way it is.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by leona View Post
    Hi there, I've installed firefox32 via the script, but since this, I seem to be unable to install or use add-on's, they don't appear in the menus and I am unable to install them, I get "unspecified error" when ever I try to install a add-on. Can you help?

Thanks.
    Sorry to bug, but do you have any idea about this issue? Thanks.
    Kind Regards, Leona

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Sorry to bug, but do you have any idea about this issue? Thanks.
    You are having issues because you have firefox 3 installed and firefox32, that is a 2.0 version. They are sharing the settings folder. Install the new firefox32 3.0 package and use it.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    You are having issues because you have firefox 3 installed and firefox32, that is a 2.0 version. They are sharing the settings folder. Install the new firefox32 3.0 package and use it.
    Hi Kilz, thank you for that, now for the dumb question. Do I need to re-run the whole script, or just install the deb file (I have already installed the script before when it had 2.0.14).
    Thanks.
    Kind Regards, Leona

Beans

I have installed the deb your posted in the first post for firefox3 over my current installation but when i start firefox32-3 firefox start but I have no icon at all! I have only 'X' as icon :S.

I got those error:

Code:
    esd: no process killed

(firefox-bin:18783): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-close' for stock: Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(firefox-bin:18783): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-go-back-ltr' for stock: Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(firefox-bin:18783): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-go-forward-ltr' for stock: Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(firefox-bin:18783): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-refresh' for stock: Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(firefox-bin:18783): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-stop' for stock: Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(firefox-bin:18783): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-home' for stock: Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(firefox-bin:18783): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-stop' for stock: Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(firefox-bin:18783): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-refresh' for stock: Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(firefox-bin:18783): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-go-back-ltr' for stock: Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(firefox-bin:18783): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-directory' for stock: Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-png.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Beans

I solved my problem

I edited the file /usr/local/bin/firefox32-3

I changed the line:

Code:
    linux32 /usr/local/firefox32-3/firefox $@
    to:

Code:
    /usr/local/firefox32-3/firefox $@
    Now everything work fine with all icon, I don't know why but it work...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Hi Kilz, thank you for that, now for the dumb question. Do I need to re-run the whole script, or just install the deb file (I have already installed the script before when it had 2.0.14).
    Thanks.
    You only need to run the deb file. As Kilz mentions in the first post, this will not overwrite v2, but instead create a separate installation called firefox32-3.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by flaggh View Post
    You only need to run the deb file. As Kilz mentions in the first post, this will not overwrite v2, but instead create a separate installation called firefox32-3.
    Thank you Flaggh, that's what I've done now.

Quote Originally Posted by darthcloud View Post
    I solved my problem

I edited the file /usr/local/bin/firefox32-3

I changed the line:

Code:
    linux32 /usr/local/firefox32-3/firefox $@
    to:

Code:
    /usr/local/firefox32-3/firefox $@
    Now everything work fine with all icon, I don't know why but it work...
    Had the same issue, thank you, that fixed mine too
    Kind Regards, Leona

Page 150 of 166 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast