Page 145 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1659

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Quote Originally Posted by dullard View Post
    Apologies if this has been covered already but I'm having issues after upgrading to Hardy. Any advice would be appreciated...

Initially my 32 bit Firefox stopped working after the upgrade so I used the updated installer to get it running again. Now though, there's all sorts of problems with incompatible extensions (I'm guessing this was caused by my using v3b5 and allowing FF to install extensions incompatible with the 32 bit version). Now I'm in a position where I can't uninstall or downgrade extensions in FF32.

Is there an easy fix for this?
    It isnt that the extensions are incompatible with 32bit, but that the 32bit version is Firefox 2. You may have to remove them and install versions using the 32bit version.

Quote Originally Posted by studo77 View Post
    After more research, i found that there is a chance that i will get lucky, if using Java 5, and not Java 6. But i have other programs which use Java 6. So i need my Swiftweasel to eat the Java 5.

In /usr/local/swiftweasel32/plugins i only have libnullplugin.so, no java.

Where is the link to java-plugin that i need to change. I have tried using jcontrol to only use 1.5.0 15 but in the browser i still see java 6. So i think it is using a link to java 6, but where is it?

/edit:/ I found it. /usr/lib32/firefox32/plugins and made link to /usr/lib/jvm/[ia32 java 1.5.0]
    But the same error as before the applet is not startet.
    Is it just one site, or do all java applets give the error?
    Last edited by Kilz; May 12th, 2008 at 01:10 PM.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Is it just one site, or do all java applets give the error?
    It is just the one.
    https://www.lsb.dk/bank/lsb/internetbank/

It is loading some mv2f(?) thing.

Also the other sites i have tested is not using any security-stuff. And do not know where else to test it.

/edit/ got this from a newsgroup:
    It does not seem to work well, because it tries to access my hard
    drive and causes a security exception. And I obviously agree with my
    Firefox here. I see no reason to grant them this privilege.
    /edit2/ Someone from the newsgroup tried it on i386 Ubuntu, with no problems. So bad coding from whoever the bank has bought for this.
    Last edited by studo77; May 12th, 2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: more info

Beans
    Distro

It is just the one.
    https://www.lsb.dk/bank/lsb/internetbank/

It is loading some mv2f(?) thing.

Also the other sites i have tested is not using any security-stuff. And do not know where else to test it.

/edit/ got this from a newsgroup:

/edit2/ Someone from the newsgroup tried it on i386 Ubuntu, with no problems. So bad coding from whoever the bank has bought for this.
    Try this.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install lib32nss-mdns

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    It isnt that the extensions are incompatible with 32bit, but that the 32bit version is Firefox 2. You may have to remove them and install versions using the 32bit version.
    Okey dokey. Cheers

I'm in the process of doing that but have hit another couple of problems...

1) Image Zoom won't uninstall (the option is greyed out), nor will it update using either version of Firefox. No joy in safe mode, and can't find any info via google on how to manually uninstall.

2) Adblock Plus was behaving similarly but I did manage to remove it manually. The problem now is that I get an error message when trying to re-install it in FF32.

Ideas anyone? Thanks in advance...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by dullard View Post
    Okey dokey. Cheers

I'm in the process of doing that but have hit another couple of problems...

1) Image Zoom won't uninstall (the option is greyed out), nor will it update using either version of Firefox. No joy in safe mode, and can't find any info via google on how to manually uninstall.

2) Adblock Plus was behaving similarly but I did manage to remove it manually. The problem now is that I get an error message when trying to re-install it in FF32.

Ideas anyone? Thanks in advance...
    The extensions are in a hidden folder in your home folder, inside that is a randomly named folder.
    ~/.mozilla/firefox/random/extensions
    Click Go and Location in nautilus and type
    ~/.mozilla/firefox/
    Inside the extensions folder is a bunch of random folders, they contain the extensions. inside you will find a install.rdf. There is a name tag that in that file that will tell you what extension it is. You can safely delete extensions and restart firefox to remove them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Try this.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install lib32nss-mdns
    It is already installed:
    lib32nss-mdns er i forvejen den nyeste version. (in latest version)
    lib32nss-mdns set to manually installed.

So is this one your script installs? I did use the script from a fresh download three days ago.

Beans

Code:
    If you have installed java from ubuntu package, then go to /usr/lib/jvm/ia32-java-6-sun/bin and start jcontrol. In Advanced panel there's "java console", so ju can check "Show console".Next restart firefox an console will display.

To install java from sun web page:
    1. download jre-6u5-linux-i586.bin
    2. run it and it will unpack in directory you're in (so you'll have jre1.6.0_05 folder).
    3. copy this folder to for example /usr/local/lib32/
    4. link firefox with plugin provided in it: sudo ln -s /usr/lib32/firefox32/plugins/ /usr/local/lib32/jre1.6.0_05/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
    5. Restart firefox and it should work.
    Good luck
    I tried this, and it worked!!!

Absolutely fantastic..

Thanks!!

Beans
    Distro

It is already installed:
    lib32nss-mdns er i forvejen den nyeste version. (in latest version)
    lib32nss-mdns set to manually installed.

So is this one your script installs? I did use the script from a fresh download three days ago.
    The package was only added a few days ago so I was unsure if your install had it. You might want to follow the Alternate Java instructions and see if that version works better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Salleman View Post
    Code:
    If you have installed java from ubuntu package, then go to /usr/lib/jvm/ia32-java-6-sun/bin and start jcontrol. In Advanced panel there's "java console", so ju can check "Show console".Next restart firefox an console will display.

To install java from sun web page:
    1. download jre-6u5-linux-i586.bin
    2. run it and it will unpack in directory you're in (so you'll have jre1.6.0_05 folder).
    3. copy this folder to for example /usr/local/lib32/
    4. link firefox with plugin provided in it: sudo ln -s /usr/lib32/firefox32/plugins/ /usr/local/lib32/jre1.6.0_05/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
    5. Restart firefox and it should work.
    Good luck
    I tried this, and it worked!!!

Absolutely fantastic..

Thanks!!
    An expanded version of those instructions was added to the howto a few days ago.
    Last edited by Kilz; May 14th, 2008 at 01:25 AM.

Re: [SOLVED] Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Re: Flash 9 install script for AMD64 (nspluginwrapper)
    I did an update this morning and now I can't get firefix32 to load. It starts to load and then just closes without opening. Only thing I see is a small icon on the bottom bar.

I did firefox32 in the terminal and this is what I get

Quote:
    xxx@zzz:~$ firefox32
    esd: no process killed

(firefox-bin:6771): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules/im-scim-bridge.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(firefox-bin:6771): Gtk-WARNING **: Loading IM context type 'scim-bridge' failed

(firefox-bin:6771): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules/im-scim-bridge.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(firefox-bin:6771): Gtk-WARNING **: Loading IM context type 'scim-bridge' failed
    Segmentation fault
    xxx@zzz:~$

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Update: Solved by clearing out old files, using this thread.
    Last edited by Sef; May 14th, 2008 at 10:21 AM.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans

Talking Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

I'd just Like to thank Kilz for posting this, I was trolling the ubuntu / firefox forums, which only directed me to dead ends, commands that didn't work, and being new to linux I already spent my fair share of time learning the system, figuring out ways to run various windows programs etc....and before I found this i was about to throw windows back on my PC, thanks for restoring my faith in Ubuntu and making such a great script.

~Nishtha

Page 145 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast