Page 124 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1659

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

I am using Gutsy 64-bit. I ran the script, and Flash is working in firefox. However, Update Manager is giving me this error:

Software index is broken
    It is impossible to install or remove any software. Please use the package manager "Synaptic" or run "sudo apt-get install -f" in a terminal to fix this issue at first.

If I run that command, flash stops working. Firefox hangs on any page with flash (the windows turns gray, and stops responding).

I had tried to install gnash, and the flash from the repositories before I found this post with the script. I'm pretty sure I completely removed the previous installs before running the script.

Any advice to get the update manager AND flash working again?
    Thank you so much,
    Jon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Sorry, I posted to the wrong forum.
    Should have been here.
    Last edited by JayBee808; December 27th, 2007 at 02:52 AM. Reason: [posted in wrong forum]

Beans

Kilz,

Do you have a howto for Debian systems? I noticed some of the packages that you have installed are not in the Debian repositories.

I run several Debian "Lenny" machines that I would like to get 32bit Swiftweasel with flash/java running.

Thanks

Beans

Kilz ! This post is for you.

Thanks a bunch for writing this script.

You are the man!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by nix4me View Post
    Kilz,

Do you have a howto for Debian systems? I noticed some of the packages that you have installed are not in the Debian repositories.

I run several Debian "Lenny" machines that I would like to get 32bit Swiftweasel with flash/java running.

Thanks
    The packages are not even in the Ubuntu repositories. I host a lot of my own files. There shouldn't be any problems using it them on a debian system. They make folders /user/local/swiftweasel and /usr/lib32/firefox32/plugins so they shouldnt conflict with anything.
    Swiftweasel32 is hosted by the swiftweasel project. They have a ubuntu repository, but those packages should install without any problems either.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans

My Firefox is cashing about twice a day. Hard to pinpoint what is causing it. It's certainly flash or java.

I'm at the end of my rope with sun and adobe. Why can't they just produce something that works.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The script worked fine. The only problem is that every now and then firefox32 will lock the whole system (I've waited ~5min. to see if it would come back and nothing) so I have to hard-restart the computer (CTRL + ALT + BACKSPACE does nothing). Any thoughts?
    "There are 10 types of people: Those who read binary and those who don't"
    >>>"who is general failure and why is he reading my files"<<<
    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 22367
    Howto automount NTFS - My wallpaper

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Victormd View Post
    The script worked fine. The only problem is that every now and then firefox32 will lock the whole system (I've waited ~5min. to see if it would come back and nothing) so I have to hard-restart the computer (CTRL + ALT + BACKSPACE does nothing). Any thoughts?
    Just 2, lock ups (like you describe) are sometimes caused by video drivers, do you have the latest driver from the card's makers installed? Other things that can cause problems are desktop effects. You can disable them and then see if the problem persists.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

My video card is a Nvidia FX5200 and I do have Compiz Fusion installed, up and running. I've checked for updates (sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade) and nothing came up. Is there another way to check restricted drivers for updates?
    I'll try disabling my desktop effects to see what happens... but then comes another question. If it's an issue with desktop effects, is there a work around?
    Thanks
    "There are 10 types of people: Those who read binary and those who don't"
    >>>"who is general failure and why is he reading my files"<<<
    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 22367
    Howto automount NTFS - My wallpaper

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Victormd View Post
    My video card is a Nvidia FX5200 and I do have Compiz Fusion installed, up and running. I've checked for updates (sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade) and nothing came up. Is there another way to check restricted drivers for updates?
    I'll try disabling my desktop effects to see what happens... but then comes another question. If it's an issue with desktop effects, is there a work around?
    Thanks
    I dont know of any, but at least you will have some idea what to be looking for. Id try to disable as the first step, its easy to do and undo. You might also want to install the actual drivers from nvidia, not the ones in the repositories.

Page 124 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast