Page 121 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1659

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Quote Originally Posted by duga6 View Post
    .The third sentence says, "The script works on Dapper, Edgy, Feisty, and Gutsy." What script? There are about 16 links to various scripts on the page.
    That link is to the script. You need to install one of the browsers the script installs for it to work. all it is is a browser choice and answering 3 yes or no questions, its not rocket science. Do NOT use the manual howto for Gutsy.
    But if all you want is flash on gutsy (read the post above this if you need java)
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
    will install flash

Oh, I"ve tried to install the flashplugin-nonfree several times. I even tried to uninstall the nspluginwrapper...all to no avail. The error I get is:

"Package flashplugin-nonfree is not available, but is referred to by antoher package."

I got that message 4 times so far. Not sure if any repositories are unavailable or not...
    It sounds like you may not have Gutsy installed.
    Last edited by Kilz; December 2nd, 2007 at 01:42 PM.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by RagingOcelot View Post
    I wish Kilz had the 2.0.0.7 version of the 32-bit firefox still up on his site. That version worked with PartyPoker. I can't for the life of me get the 2.0.0.8 script working with PP.

Kilz, can you put the old 2.0.0.7 deb back up on your site?
    Up until a few weeks ago I had real limited web space , I am sorry but I no longer have firefox 2.0.0.7. But the firefox deb is way old, I will have 2.0.0.11 up today. but my isp has now given me 1gb of space. So I will have everything going backwards. Ill also look and see if I can find the files to make a deb.

Quote Originally Posted by SjoerdC View Post
    uhh.. nice solution? I did not try it, since automatix provides a nice workaround
    Those that use automatix stand a great chance of having an unusable system. You and everyone else should stay away from it like the plague.
    http://mjg59.livejournal.com/77440.html
    Last edited by Kilz; December 2nd, 2007 at 01:58 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

hmmm did not know that -- sounds like a better trick than mine

Beans

I'm confused.

I'm running 64 bit swiftweasel (2.0.0.10 deb downloaded from sourceforge, I seemed to have missed that there's a 2.0.0.11 somehow, I shall have to upgrade). It appears to be running Java and I did nothing to set it up. I did install the ubuntu-restricted-extras package (I have some old wma files I need to play) and I saw that mention java somewhere in there.

Do I have a security problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Oh, I"ve tried to install the flashplugin-nonfree several times. I even tried to uninstall the nspluginwrapper...all to no avail. The error I get is:

"Package flashplugin-nonfree is not available, but is referred to by antoher package."

I got that message 4 times so far. Not sure if any repositories are unavailable or not...
    That almost always means your sources list is messed up, and apt can't find the packages.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Hello,

I think i found a broken link in the script:

In line 167, the script tries to download a deb from "http://home.comcast.net/~ubuntume/ia32-alsa-oss_1.0.10-1_amd64.deb", but this only results in a 404 error page being downloaded instead.

The rest of the script seems to run without problems

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Krydahl View Post
    I'm confused.

I'm running 64 bit swiftweasel (2.0.0.10 deb downloaded from sourceforge, I seemed to have missed that there's a 2.0.0.11 somehow, I shall have to upgrade). It appears to be running Java and I did nothing to set it up. I did install the ubuntu-restricted-extras package (I have some old wma files I need to play) and I saw that mention java somewhere in there.

Do I have a security problem?
    Its possible. I would be very careful as to what sites I allow to run java applets if I were you. There is no sun java (the safe one) for 64bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmoelzer View Post
    Hello,

I think i found a broken link in the script:

In line 167, the script tries to download a deb from "http://home.comcast.net/~ubuntume/ia32-alsa-oss_1.0.10-1_amd64.deb", but this only results in a 404 error page being downloaded instead.

The rest of the script seems to run without problems
    Thanks, comcast recently gave me 1gb of web space per email address. They used to give 25meg. So I consolidated all the packages on one account. I must have missed uploading that file. Its in place now.
    Last edited by Kilz; December 4th, 2007 at 04:30 AM.

Beans

Kilz,

When I do java - version all I get is:

java version "1.6.0_03"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_03-b05)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.6.0_03-b05, mixed mode)

When I type aboutlugins Swiftweasel lists: Shockwave Flash, Totem Web Browser, Windows Media Player, DivX Web Player, QuickTIme and the Default Plugin.

The only one of these I install deliberately was Flash. I'm assuming the rest came from the ubuntu-restricted-extras package. None of them seem to account for why Java seems to work.

Any ideas?

Beans

OK, it occurred to me that maybe I should check that Java is really running so I went to the main Java site which - surprise surprise - says it isn't.

What confuses me is why some menus on a site I visit regularly that need Java seem to work.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Krydahl View Post
    OK, it occurred to me that maybe I should check that Java is really running so I went to the main Java site which - surprise surprise - says it isn't.

What confuses me is why some menus on a site I visit regularly that need Java seem to work.
    If you are running the 64bit swiftweasel from sourceforge the 32bit plugins from this howto and the repositories will not work with it.

Page 121 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast