Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1659

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

On the Desktop but not anymore
    I used the

$ rm -r <them file name> and deleted it.

At first it was saying that I don't have right to deleted it. but the I log as root using

$ su
    and den deleted

The point is that I still can't install flashplayer I still don't get any message nothing. and when I insert the last command it says that the file or the directory doesn't exist.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I had to register just to say thanks.

The script was painless and worked great. I can't run my 64bit and 32bit versions of Firefox at the same time, but that's of little consequence (except when I forget : ).

Thanks again, great work.
    -darc

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by darc View Post
    I can't run my 64bit and 32bit versions of Firefox at the same time, but that's of little consequence (except when I forget : ).
    You can if you install swiftweasel. Then you may run FF32 with SW64 or FF64 and SW32, according to which versions you opted.

Beans
    Hidden!

Not sure if this was mentioned here already (sorry, the thread is so long now), but I noticed that the new swiftweasel deb has the fonts "screwed up".

I had version 2.0.0.6.1, downloaded the new deb 2.0.0.7 and the fonts are terribly ugly. I thought it was something related to some fonts package and after an hour of installing/reinstalling, I tried to revert to 2.0.0.6.1 and that did it.

I don't know what the cause is, but I'd be willing to provide more information. This happened on my desktop and laptop.

Thanks,

incubus

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Swiftweasel 2.0.0.7 (updated 9/24/07)
    This is a new project I recently was told about. It is an optimized build of the Mozilla Firefox code with free branding. The person running the project even made the deb file for me. Please go to its web site and take a look for yourselves.
    The deb's below are for upgrading or adding Swiftweasel as a second browser after running the install script. Do not install the deb by itself.
    This version is built on Ubuntu according to its build config. I plan on adding it to the install script as a main option. But you can download it now and install it if you want. There is now a version for Intel processors and one for AMD.
    That link to the deb package of swiftfox for amd has dependencies that do no exist in Ubuntu repositories. What on earth?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Hunter View Post
    That link to the deb package of swiftfox for amd has dependencies that do no exist in Ubuntu repositories. What on earth?
    If you mean ia32-lib-firefox (i read you mention it on your other thread about java on 64bits browser), check the first post more carefully. On section Manual HowTo/Firefox, theres a link for the deb.

hth

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Hunter View Post

Exactly, the script and howto install packages directly from my site if the package doesnt exist in the repositories. This is because the Ubuntu developers dont think you need a 32bit browser, they are ok with those people running the 64bit version not having java, and up until Gutsy, no flash. So I did my best to help other users in the spirit of Ubuntu.

Please read the quote you posted. Right in the middle is a warning not to do exactly what you have done.

"The deb's below are for upgrading or adding Swiftweasel as a second browser after running the install script. Do not install the deb by itself."

If you had installed the script , or the manual howto after reading you would not be having this problem. The reason is that the howto and script show you how to get and install that file.
    Last edited by Kilz; October 13th, 2007 at 08:28 PM.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

In feisty i run firefox 64 with nspluginwrapper and all went perfect.
    But really in gutsy you can't get firefox 64 to work with nspluginwrapper and so, you got problems with websites who have flash content and i don't know and can't wait when this is fixed...

i tried kilz script and works perfect... thanks allot.
    a little suggestion to those who like theyr prefered language in the browser (the one installed from the script is in english).
    go there
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=212310
    and follow the instructions...

again, thanks allot...
    10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD!"
    20 GOTO 10

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

For various other reasons I had to reinstall Kubuntu, and I'm trying this out again. It seems to have worked very nicely, but failed again at the mplayer plugin with the same error.

I found your previous reply. I just wanted to note the continuation of this issue.
    Last edited by cyb3rj; October 20th, 2007 at 07:06 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Question Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

hi everyone,

Kilz -- this is a kickass thread. thank you so much for making the 32bit FF installation process so simple and sharing your wisdom with everyone.

however, one problem has been bugging me since i upgraded to Gutsy, and it hasn't gone away even after i removed FF32 completely and reinstalled it with the current version of Kilz's script.

basically, every time i try to bring up the options / preferences dialog for any of the extensions i have installed (e.g. FoxyProxy, InfoRSS, etc.), both the options dialog and the main FF32 window freeze irretrievably.

this issue is only triggered when FF32 has to generate a 'child window'.
    so at this point, i can't even go into FF32's own Edit | Preferences menu.

the crazy thing is this problem doesn't seem to affect the FF64 package that comes with Gutsy. so i can configure my extensions and preferences there, and then go back to FF32 to do my actual web browsing.

anybody else suffering from the same bug?

EDIT: i just re-read the whole thread, found this, and figured out how to circumvent this issue.
    basically it appears that the dark theme i had applied to Gnome (from gnome-look.org) seems to mess with the display of new windows in the current FF32 (2.0.0.7). this wasn't a problem in the past.
    anyway, i 'solved' it by reverting back to the default 'Human' theme set.... going to look for a dark theme that 'works' now..
    Last edited by sizzlor; October 21st, 2007 at 06:18 PM. Reason: found partial solution

Page 115 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast