Thread: using Hauppauge 950Q with 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question using Hauppauge 950Q with 12.04

The output of dmesg tells me that the drivers for my dongle are all loading correctly, but I cannot get TVTime or Me-TV to work on 12.04, although Me-TV worked very well on 10.04. What applications do people use to watch TV that are in fact working on 12.04?

Beans

Re: using Hauppauge 950Q with 12.04

Try kaffeine, and I also upgraded to the 3.3.6 kernel and it solved a few problems. Check my other posts.

Don't forget to do a scan, and you have to hit the "update channels file" (or something like that) button before you do that for some silly reason.

I also wrote this little "tivo" "mythtv" type of automatic Digital Video Recorder DVR script that is pretty simple to use.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2009778

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks, kaffeine worked perfectly! I used an earlier version of this years ago and now it works really well with the dongle.

Beans

Mencoder should work for recording, and atsc_epg should work for getting a schedule after you get a good channels.conf file going.

If you start having problems getting a channel to tune after you change channels, you may want to move to the 3.3.6 kernel, it does it a lot less.

You want to check some of my previous posts about the stuff I ran into.

Are you using it on a laptop or a desktop?