Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Make Time Lapse Videos from Photographs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: Make Time Lapse Videos from Photographs

Quote Originally Posted by CyberAngel View Post
    Have you made any further processing?
    It's impressive how low noise you get with the D700!
    Certainly no noise processing. I do sharpening and a tiny bit of contrast but that's it. The high ISO performance of the D700 is indeed amazing but I wish I could get the family treasurer to make a better decision between a D800 and food on the table. I understand it's even more impressive!

Will you be shooting the Orionids tonight?
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    Certainly no noise processing. I do sharpening and a tiny bit of contrast but that's it. The high ISO performance of the D700 is indeed amazing but I wish I could get the family treasurer to make a better decision between a D800 and food on the table. I understand it's even more impressive!

Will you be shooting the Orionids tonight?
    Start the diet then hehe

Well, I wish I could but Oslo is very rainy these days with no exception for tonight

Beans

Nice howto, but I have a few suggestions.

Code:
    mogrify -path resized -resize 1920x1080! *.jpg
    I think preserving aspect ratio is more important than forcing the images to be exactly 1920x1080; otherwise the images may look weird due to stretching/shrinking of width/height to exactly fit 1920x1080. If you remove the ! then the aspect ratio will be preserved and width or height (whichever is biggest) will be limited to your declared values. Alternatively, if you just declare 1920, then "width given, height automagically selected to preserve aspect ratio", and if you just declare x1080 then "height given, width automagically selected to preserve aspect ratio" (see ImageMagick Image Geometry for more options).

Code:
    ffmpeg -i output.avi -y -s hd1080 -sameq output-final.avi
    The -sameq option has been removed upstream. Also see sameq does not mean "same quality". Encoding to high-quality H.264 would provide excellent quality. See the CRF section of the FFmpeg and x264 Encoding Guide.

I also recommend leaving out -s hd1080 since you already resized the images with mogrify, and -s hd1080 will force a resize to 1920x1080, ignoring aspect ratio.
    Last edited by FakeOutdoorsman; October 22nd, 2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: the "same quality" phrase was potentially misleading

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by FakeOutdoorsman View Post
    Nice howto, but I have a few suggestions.....
    Thanks for the recommendations
    I will make some tests first and then change the needed lines!

Beans

Glad you figured it out on your own too, but go ahead and share your solution. I'm not having any luck figuring out where Type.pm is supposed to come from. The script failed not finding Magick.pm and that was easy. It was in the perlmagick package. "Type" is too generic a term and I'm having trouble with my searches.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by evilonod View Post
    Glad you figured it out on your own too, but go ahead and share your solution. I'm not having any luck figuring out where Type.pm is supposed to come from. The script failed not finding Magick.pm and that was easy. It was in the perlmagick package. "Type" is too generic a term and I'm having trouble with my searches.
    Usually all these perl libraries follow this package naming scheme in the repositories: libXXX-perl

If you see the source code, it is using File::Type library. So search for lib file type perl like this
    Code:
    apt-cache search lib file type perl
    You will get a bunch of results and I think it is this one you need: libfile-type-perl

Beans

Yep...Thanks CyberAngel...

Here's the next failed dependency:

Can't locate Term/ProgressBar.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /home/dolive/bin/timelapse-deflicker.pl line 26.

I assumed a curses type thing but libcurses-ui-perl didn't help.

But I did find "libterm-progressbar-perl" had the right file.

Evilo

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Updated steps 5 and 7 to provide better results

Beans

Would be nice to let other people know what you did to solve the PEARL module issue. I ran into the same problem. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Hello,

Nice tutorial. Just one problem for me. I've got an output.avi of say, 89MB, and a MKV of 100M. What's the best option to compress that properly.

I use following command line to convert it:
    avconv -y -i output.avi -c:v libx264 -preset slow -crf 15 output.mkv

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast